Reputation Points Plugin Ready!

1. 2 years ago
    Edited 2 years ago by chaos

Hi all,

I've created a plugin to gamify the forum.

It assigns reputation points (similar to stackoverflow) to users based on their activity.
    Admin can customise settings:

-image-

How does it look?
    Header:

-image-

-image-

Wall of fame:

-image-

Download it here:
    Let me know what you think.. Feel free to contribute or report issues or suggestions..

2. Really nice plugin! The only suggestion that I can give is try moving the RP from the menu into the settings or into the profile itself, other than that, this is a really nice plugin. :)

3. This plugin killed my forum. checking the "Update RP" option overflowed my sql max connections and now can't get my forum back.

4. @vruser This plugin killed my forum. checking the "Update RP" option overflowed my sql max connections and now can't get my forum back.

I don't see how that is even possible... I just tested the plugin and it works perfectly fine on my servers.

5. used this plugin and my forum works fine too .

6. The issue happens when you have alot of members on your forum and posts. Hostgator said that running the "Update RP" option caused the issue by overflowing php activity. If you have a small community with not many posts you might not have this issue. That section even says "Use with Caution"

As of now, I use it fine without running the "Update RP"

Suggestion: When you delete a post, it should subtract reputation points as well.

7. Thanks for the feedback guys.

"Update RP" is not well written or optimized if user count is large. That's why I've added a cautionary note.

Feel free to tweak/contribute to the code here:
    https://github.com/yathish1618/Reputation

Meanwhile, I'll fix it when I get the time.

8. Looks interesting. Thanks for the contribution. :)

9. how to install?

10. This is for g4

11. last year
    Edited last year by chaos

@optusru how to install?

Could be a version issue.
    Can you share details about the version you're using?

12. AAMAZING!!!
    Your work is very beautiful!!!
    thanks a lot!

i would give it 4.5 out of 5!

may I req an extra feature?
    Actually, it is much better if a user can do like point giving
    with restriction that the admin of forum can set,
    like how many points a user can give for one day for one user

Thank you

13. @chaos @Felli @vruser
    In this line 'ET::memberModel()->getById($post["memberId"]);' of plugin.php in this function, when it render a post, it will do a sql query to get the user's point, so when the conversation is large, it will do so many sql queries a time. So it made the server exploded,-)

public function handler_conversationController_formatPostForTemplate($sender, &$formatted, $post, $conversation)
    	{
    		if ($post["deleteTime"]) return;
    		if(!C("plugin.Reputation.showReputationPublic")) return;
    		// Show reputation points next to username on every post
    		$memberRepo = ET::memberModel()->getById($post["memberId"]);
    		$postMemberReputation = "+ ".$memberRepo["reputationPoints"]." RP";
    		$postMemberReputation = "<a href='".URL("reputation")."' class = 'time' title='Reputation Points'>$postMemberReputation</a>";
    		$formatted["info"][] = $postMemberReputation;
    	}
  14. @zgq @Felli @vruser

Thanks a lot @zgq for pointing this out. I have fixed it. Now there are no extra queries specific to reputation points :)

I've integrated the query to fetch reputation points data directly into postModel (without altering core files). Please find the fixed version on my github:
    Only one file was modified: plugin.php

Also attaching the updated folder here, just in case!

15. 3 weeks ago

@chaos @zgq @Felli @vruser

Thanks a lot @zgq for pointing this out. I have fixed it. Now there are no extra queries specific to reputation points :)

I've integrated the query to fetch reputation points data directly into postModel (without altering core files). Please find the fixed version on my github:
    Only one file was modified: plugin.php

Also attaching the updated folder here, just in case!

There is a bug, when u setting member get like from other member and get point, but when they unlike, the point is not taken away, then he get like again and he get point, so he can like and unlike for get much point

16. @pxnji Thanks for pointing it out. I've fixed. Updated plugin.php

Please download and update your plugin : https://github.com/yathish1618/Reputation/

17. @chaos @pxnji Thanks for pointing it out. I've fixed. Updated plugin.php

Please download and update your plugin : https://github.com/yathish1618/Reputation/

error 3.png
    i;ve got this error message. Thanks for your help before

18. Edited 3 weeks ago by chaos

@pxnji
    Terribly sorry. I made a silly mistake in the code. Fixed it and pushed it on github. Please update your plugin.php file now from github.

Error was - I had to write unlike instead of like after handler_conversationController (You can see this line in the error message you shared here).

I've checked this and it's working fine now.

19. @vruser Suggestion: When you delete a post, it should subtract reputation points as well.

Can someone please raise this as an issue on github?

20. @chaos @pxnji
    Terribly sorry. I made a silly mistake in the code. Fixed it and pushed it on github. Please update your plugin.php file now from github.

Error was - I had to write unlike instead of like after handler_conversationController (You can see this line in the error message you shared here).

I've checked this and it's working fine now.

Thanks its work, but we can like ourselves and get RP.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!