StopForumSpam

1. 5 years ago

Hey,

i have developed an StopForumSpam-Plugin.

Here is the Github-Repo.

You can get the plugin here: https://github.com/joshuaruesweg/esoTalk-SFS/releases

Best Regards.

2. @Josh
    Thanks for this :) I've just installed it. Hoping that this will help me out. I was getting a ton of fake user signups even with reCaptcha installed and a lot of spam posts.

Is there anything else needed to configure, or do I just install and I'm good to go?
    Let me know.
    Thanks!

3. No, you only have to install it and make sure that curl is installed.

After installation, spammers are simply banned.

4. Hi Josh, please change the channel to "Plugins"

5. @Tristan thanks :)

6. @Josh Thanks very much for your work.

7. @Tristan how do we install curl

8. try apt-get / yum install php-curl

9. 4 years ago

Great plugin, but... How it works?

10. @hajduk Great plugin, but... How it works?

I've checked the source. The plugin connects to stopforumspam.com API and checks the user provided e-mail for existence in their DB.

11. Edited 4 years ago by hajduk

When the plugin bans user? When the user registers or when he tries to write spam message? Will it ban existing forum users with bad emails?

12. Edited 4 years ago by inliquid

@hajduk When the plugin bans user? When the user registers or when he tries to write spam message? Will it ban existing forum users with bad emails?

This plugin checks both

• email
    • IP

of user, on the registration. And only at registration phase.

@hajduk Will it ban existing forum users with bad emails?

No, if user changed his mail to "bad" later on, or at the moment of registration his mail wasn't found on stopforuspam DB.

In case IP or email DB check failed - it bans that user (adds to group "suspended").

Sometimes this may cause mistakes, f.i. if IP of some provider was added to DB, but there are a lot of users sitting behind this IP over NAT...

You may check IP/email using this form: http://www.stopforumspam.com/search

13. Hi @Josh please check my pull request, found and fixed a little bug..

14. Thanks @Tristan :)

I have drafted a new release, you can found it here: https://github.com/joshuaruesweg/esoTalk-SFS/releases/tag/1.0.1

15. I have a little (a big ;) problem with this plugin. I put it to right folder and active it. But theres no description beside icon. When I try to disable/enable plugin i got the error.
    Probably the plugin has never got enabled in my forum. Any ideas? I have 1.0.0g4 version.

16. OK, problem solved.
    Simply, before you put it to the plugin folder, you must rename it to 'StopForumSpam'.
    After that plugin is correct visible to the forum script and all works correctly :)

17. @radzion OK, problem solved.
    Simply, before you put it to the plugin folder, you must rename it to 'StopForumSpam'.
    After that plugin is correct visible to the forum script and all works correctly :)

You'll have to do the same thing to most of the language packs as well.

or Sign Up to reply!