Attachments

1. 5 years ago

Toby

21 May 2014 Administrator

Allows users to attach files to their posts.

Download

https://github.com/esotalk/Attachments

2. Fatal error: Call to a member function disable() on a non-object in /home/u865554682/public_html/talk/core/controllers/admin/ETPluginsAdminController.class.php on line 88

3. @twixi I don't think you are running the latest version of the plugin?

4. got this message :

Error uploading "captureecran.png": Server error. Increase post_max_size and upload_max_filesize to 200M

it's a 85kb image...

5. or i get this :

Error uploading "captureecran.png": File has an invalid extension, it should be one of .jpg, .png, .gif, .zip, .bdjdb.

6. install it properly and try again

7. Can you add this:
    "Create upload path based on current year and month"
    Ex:

.../attachment/2014/06/539259d49a774_abc.jpg
    .../attachment/2014/07/7375748658556_bcd.jpg
  8. Deleted 4 years ago by deathfortress
  9. 4 years ago

Nice plugin. I think I may have found a couple of bugs though and have a (small) suggestion too.

Bugs:

1. If I add a setting of 1000000 to the Max file size, I get "Error uploading "any-legal-file": Server error. Increase post_max_size and upload_max_filesize to 9.5367431640625M" regardless of the file size. If i leave the setting blank then it works and I don't get any error.

2. If an image that was uploaded is inserted more than once in the message, only the first will appear. The same image has to be uploaded separately each time you wish to insert it which doesn't seem right.

Suggestion:

in the plugin's "Allowed File Types" settings, it would be good to add a simple example to save guessing whether to include the "." or not and so on:

"Enter file extensions separated by a space (ex. jpg jpeg png zip) . Leave blank to allow all file types."

10. Toby

17 Jun 2014 Administrator

Thanks for the suggestions — agreed with everything. Could you please create issues for them on the GitHub repo ?

11. Done.

12. Edited 4 years ago by wowuser

I think that uploading files to a publicly accessible folder can be very insecure, can't it?
    A fix to make attachments more private (maybe using esoTalk tokens for viewing and downloading them?) would help all users to be sure, that the wrong persons can't access their files (e.g. sent via private message, or posted in a members only channel).
    What do you think about this suggestion, @Toby?

https://github.com/esotalk/Attachments/issues/13

13. Any update here, @Toby ?

@jink 1. If I add a setting of 1000000 to the Max file size, I get "Error uploading "any-legal-file": Server error. Increase post_max_size and upload_max_filesize to 9.5367431640625M" regardless of the file size. If i leave the setting blank then it works and I don't get any error.

Upload attachments doesn't work if a file size limit is set.

14. Edited 4 years ago by James North

SOLVED

Hey Guys,

Thanks for making the attachment plugin - it really puts esotalk in the same ballpark as major forums.

Members can upload attachments and thumbnails appear for images etc, but only Administrators can view the attachment.

I get this when logged in as the member who uploaded the attachment in question:

Screen Shot 2014-10-26 at 7.07.42 pm.png

Any tips?

EDIT: DO NOT DO WEB DEVELOPMENT IN SAFARI'S NEW PRIVATE BROWSING WINDOW :)

15. Maybe this conversation is private or the channel you have pulled it is not allowed for that user. Check settings.

16. @inliquid Maybe this conversation is private or the channel you have pulled it is not allowed for that user. Check settings.

Thanks heaps for the reply, @inliquid ... the problem was completely at my end - Safari that is supplied with Yosemite just behaves a little bit differently in Private mode this version.

Basically each tab was a new anonymous user ... when the attachment opens up in a new tab, it lost the session.

17. In mobile not works, says "Insufficient memory to make this process" any way to fix that?

Its esoTalk compatible with Tapatalk? could be awsome.

18. I think not because it requires custom plugin they have plugin for major forums like mybb,phpbb,smf

19. this plugin doesn't work with the latest version of esotalk. the plugin activates properly but doesn't respond in any way when i click on "attach file".

20. @morphcore this plugin doesn't work with the latest version of esotalk. the plugin activates properly but doesn't respond in any way when i click on "attach file".

don't work withe me 1.0.0g4

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!