How to install on Localhost?

1. 7 years ago

I want test esoTalk into 'localhost' first before install to hosting.. Thanks.. :)

2. Edited 7 years ago by Fadupla

I have just installed it on localhost and it's working well
    Just unzip the sources on your machine and create a base in your database. Then follow the instructions on the index page.

3. It's beautiful !

4. already tested.....

5. Another test, muttsurini.

6. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by Nivix

I know it's, like, two years later but I felt this question deserved a better answer. There are those of you out there who have no idea about hosting a forum and could become valuable additions to the internet! This is for you.

(While a full tutorial on setting up a personal host is beyond the scope of this post, here are a few pointers..)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Download WAMP

* Choose the download with PHP 5.4.*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Install WAMP

• Run the installer you downloaded above
    • Once finished, check that WAMP is running by opening a browser and typing "localhost" into the URL bar. If the WAMP info page shows, it is installed correctly.

3. Install esoTalk

• Download the esoTalk package.
    • Unzip the file and rename the unzipped folder to "eso".
    • Move the "eso" folder to C:/wamp/www/.
    • In your browser, visit "localhost/eso".
    • Follow the instructions on screen.

If you need any other help with installing esoTalk on your localhost, please ask. :)

I'll leave you with some helpful links:

7. 4 years ago

[deleted]

30 Sep 2015

Hi

When i want to install eso in localhost, MySQL username dont accept any entry... By enter Admin or any other word it take error....

SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Acc�s refus� pour l'utilisateur: 'Admin'@'@localhost' (mot de passe: OUI)

Please help me...

8. [deleted]

1 Oct 2015

Best try XAMPP server.

https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html

9. [deleted]

23 Oct 2015
    Deleted 4 years ago by Thirtysixway

or Sign Up to reply!