image upload?

1. 4 years ago

Can we just have a simple image upload button for newbies who want to see the site but do not know how to (lol) go to google and right click "copy image url". ?

Thanks.

2. l

3. -image-

@BaseBoy Can we just have a simple image upload button for newbies who want to see the site but do not know how to (lol) go to google and right click "copy image url". ?

Thanks.

I think if they cannot do a simple task like this they most likely shouldn't be on the internet

4. @BaseBoy Can we just have a simple image upload button for newbies who want to see the site but do not know how to (lol) go to google and right click "copy image url". ?

I completely agree with BaseBoy. I would like to use esoTalk but the image insert functionality is too primitive for typical non-techie users. In addition to knowing how to obtain the image url, the image has to be online. This renders convenient and useful image inserts an exercise in frustration for many and seems an odd and incomplete affront to esoTalk's intuitive, quick, elegant and modern functionality.

This is the only caveat holding us back from using esoTalk for our users. :/

Any thoughts?

5. Toby

17 Jun 2014 Administrator

Images can be uploaded and embedded into a post with the Attachments plugin. After selecting an image to attach, click the Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 6.17.22 am.png icon next to it to insert it into the post.

6. Edited 4 years ago by inliquid

@Toby as I see, big images (high resolution photo, etc), are not diplayed, until you click on attachment box, right? What is maximum resolution and is there any way to change it?

7. Toby

Here's a 1920x1200 JPEG which I've attached and embedded:

high-resolution-wallpapers-25.jpg

8. Toby

Images are only displayed inline if you embed them in the post. Otherwise they will be listed as a thumbnail at the end of the post.

9. @Toby Images can be uploaded and embedded into a post with the Attachments plugin. After selecting an image to attach, click the [attachment:53a0a71d3c5d3] icon next to it to insert it into the post.

Thanks Toby. I've installed it, gave it a whirl and reported what I think are some minor bugs. Definitely gets me a lot closer to using your forum on our site.

I'm curious though why you chose not to go with TinyMCE, NicEdit, CKEditor or somesuch instead?

10. My one:

DSC01937.JPG

11. @Toby Images are only displayed inline if you embed them in the post. Otherwise they will be listed as a thumbnail at the end of the post.

I embeded it but:

1.png

Resolution 4912 x 3264 px (just a photo made with sony nex 5r)

12. Edited 4 years ago by jink

Hey inliquid, could it be the capital "JPG" that is causing it not to be displayed. I think the extension filter might have a case sensitivity bug. Yup, I think that's it. I'll file a bug report on GIT.

13. Toby

Nice find :)

14. Toby

@jink I'm curious though why you chose not to go with TinyMCE, NicEdit, CKEditor or somesuch instead?

Rich Text Editors tend to be pretty heavy, going against esoTalk's fat-free mantra. Would be good as a plugin though!

15. Is there any chance of Tiny MCE plugin in near future ?

16. Toby

18 Jun 2014 Administrator

Not a first-party one.

17. @Toby, I like esoTalk editor, however I think it misses one very useful thing - [spoiler] tag. Is there any chance to see in next release?

18. Edited 4 years ago by Tristan

@inliquid @Toby, I like esoTalk editor, however I think it misses one very useful thing - [spoiler] tag. Is there any chance to see in next release?

https://github.com/tvb/SpoilerTag (not v1.0.0g4 ready though)

19. @Tristan https://github.com/tvb/SpoilerTag (not v1.0.0g4 ready though)

Thanks! Do you plan to fix it for g4?

20. Deleted 4 years ago by kthamma
  21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!