Attachments Lightbox

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by Marwelln

This plugins enables Colorbox (lightbox) for image attachments.

Available at github: https://github.com/Marwelln/esotalk-attachmentslightbox

How to install

1. Open up your terminal / command prompt and cd to addons/plugins
    2. Run git clone [email protected]:Marwelln/esotalk-attachmentslightbox.git AttachmentsLightbox
  2. Edited 5 years ago by hajduk

Is it better than http://esotalk.org/forum//1056-lightbox-for-attachments ?

3. My plugin is available at Github so it's easy to see the code and contribute. You will also be sure to have the latest version.

I have not tried @mayjames plugin so I can't say if it's better.

4. Edited 5 years ago by inliquid

@Marwelln My plugin is available at Github so it's easy to see the code and contribute. You will also be sure to have the latest version.

I have not tried @mayjames plugin so I can't say if it's better.

Would be great if you can implement few features:

1. Button "close" - i think it's better to have clear pic instead of "close"
    2. It doesn't fit image to screen size, so you have to scroll if image is big
    3. It doesn't leaf other images from the post, so you have to close, open, close, open. Modern lightboxes should be able to flip through by clicking in the box.

@mayjames used implementation which has theses features, but it has bugs within esoTalk - see my report in conversation.

5. @inliquid Would be great if you can implement few features:

1. Button "close" - i think it's better to have clear pic instead of "close"
    2. It doesn't fit image to screen size, so you have to scroll if image is big
    3. It doesn't leaf other images from the post, so you have to close, open, close, open. Modern lightboxes should be able to flip through by clicking in the box.

1. You are free to choose one of the five available styles from Colorbox or create your own style. I will go with a close text for now.

1. As of version 2.0 (just released!), the max width is now 100% for both height and width. A settings page have been added so you can easily change options as you like.
    2. A live click is required to open up the lightbox and thus no grouping is available unless @Toby adds a rel attribute to the image anchor in the main plugin or adds a javascript trigger when updating or creating a post.
  6. niceļ¼

7. 4 years ago

I don't see at plugins this plugin.

8. Edited 4 years ago by 19eighties

I don't think this plugin is compatible any longer. I had to rename the folder and it seemed to fix the issue. I did notice a typo in the plugin settings where "elastic" is misspelled, not sure if that will throw off the functionality.

One weird thing I have noticed is the plugin window acts funny when I click to enable the plugin. It doesn't hold the checkmark if I refresh the page a couple times. I switched browsers from Safari to Chrome and it seemed to work more like you would expect.

9. @19eighties I don't think this plugin is compatible any longer. I had to rename the folder and it seemed to fix the issue. I did notice a typo in the plugin settings where "elastic" is misspelled, not sure if that will throw off the functionality.

One weird thing I have noticed is the plugin window acts funny when I click to enable the plugin. It doesn't hold the checkmark if I refresh the page a couple times. I switched browsers from Safari to Chrome and it seemed to work more like you would expect.

Text based changes shouldn't really affect anything.

10. Yeah, it might only effect the animation in that case. At any rate, it's now fixed in the master branch.

or Sign Up to reply!