Flarum about information

1. 5 years ago

Please give some information about this topic.

Flarum will it be free?

@Toby

2. Edited 5 years ago by dagasan

Flarum will it be free?

@Toby answer please.

-image-

3. Seriously, have patience. Chances are it most likely will since Toby likes to accept donations.

4. :D

5. I need to get a definite answer from @Toby ..

Please @Toby responding : (

6. I'm telling you, he'll release information when he's ready. Hence "patience"..

7. It doesn't have to be free. I mean, esoTalk is worth paying for, there's no doubt about that.

8. Another question: How will it compare to Discourse ?

9. I would prefer that esoTalk be developing further in it's own direction not becoming something like Discourse...

10. @inliquid I would prefer that esoTalk be developing further in it's own direction not becoming something like Discourse...

Absolutely. Stick with a minimalist "fat free" forum that allows for optional addons. That's the way to go.

11. @MeTHoDx Absolutely. Stick with a minimalist "fat free" forum that allows for optional addons. That's the way to go.

+1 That's a direction I would also support :)

12. The esoTalk features are awesome!
    In addition it's lightning fast with a nice and clean look.

No need for categories (channels with filter instead), chat / private messages (conversations, also private).
    It's the best forum out there.

If Flarum should get better than esoTalk it will need all the esoTalk and some new features...
    I think ajax / nodejs integration to push updates or notification (take a look at NodeBB ).

Can't wait to see some information about planned features and improvements ;)

13. The esoTalk features are awesome!
    In addition it's lightning fast with a nice and clean look.

No need for categories (channels with filter instead), chat / private messages (conversations, also private).
    It's the best forum out there.

If Flarum should get better than esoTalk it will need all the esoTalk and some new features...
    I think ajax / nodejs integration to push updates or notification (take a look at NodeBB ).

Can't wait to see some information about planned features and improvements ;)

14. Deleted 5 years ago by Toby
  15. Deleted 5 years ago by Toby
  16. If you want more information sign up for a newsletter. :D

17. "Get notified when we launch...".
    For me it doesn't sounds like a information about development steps or planned / implemented features...
    No repository or development blog found. Also no posts here or at twitter.

Maybe Flarum will be a "Forum software that doesn't suck", but lack of information sucks ;)

18. This forum software is already on steroids (lol) super fast! As Toby started to work on this software project a few years back, I don't think personally he needs to go in another direction with this, I rather see him stick around to update, add more plugins and tweak it abit more is all this software really needs in order to get any better in my eyes?

19. Edited 5 years ago by pwFoo

Yes, EsoTalk is awesome. Great job, Tobi
    Conversations (public, with groups or private with some users) and a well ajax integration.

But I don't know which way Flarum will go... Will it also super fast or limited by Laravel (overhead by the framework)?

If Flarum will be a Esotalk forum with some improvements (an API, maybe websocket push instead of ajax calls), Sure, I'll love it. ;)
    But there is no information about plans and development or progress...

20. @pwFoo well said!

Again everything a webmaster needs in a simple forum software is "Right Here" @esoTalk.

Toby has the biggest success into the future if he would just stick with his current @esotalk forum software.

What I'm suggesting is everyone applaud Toby for the success of @esotalk and "PLEASE" Toby don't walk away from Esotalk regardless.

Massive software changes like unknown FLARUM in a total different direction then @esotalk could land Toby flat on his belly and face in the water and possibly loose all his current users if there's one big mistake!

Thank You

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!