Help me finish the Sitemap plugin!

1. 5 years ago

2 months back I started on a Sitemap plugin, unfortunately I never really completed it and I have no time to complete it in the near future. Feel free to fork it from my repo and submit pull requests if you have made any changes. This way it might get finished and released to the community!

2. 4 years ago

@Tristan 2 months back I started on a Sitemap plugin, unfortunately I never really completed it and I have no time to complete it in the near future. Feel free to fork it from my repo and submit pull requests if you have made any changes. This way it might get finished and released to the community!

Is this completed ?

3. @Tristan 2 months back I started on a Sitemap plugin, unfortunately I never really completed it and I have no time to complete it in the near future. Feel free to fork it from my repo and submit pull requests if you have made any changes. This way it might get finished and released to the community!

So far it works on Google Chrome, Google Chrome Canary, also working on Firefox. All in all looks like it's working fine.

4. I have not worked on it since. Feel free to test it out and submit any problems with it on GitHub.

5. Edited 4 years ago by Felli

@Tristan I have not worked on it since. Feel free to test it out and submit any problems with it on GitHub.

Had a few problems then switched a few lines around in Sitemap.php but things are working now.
    I Guess This Is My Pull Request. :o

6. I hear that there are benefits to Sitemaps like for the webmaster tools in Google etc...
    My question, is this working?

7. Yes, they work by helping Google know about the topics on your forum. It acts like an index of a book.

8. Edited 4 years ago by Tech

@Tristan Yes, they work by helping Google know about the topics on your forum. It acts like an index of a book.

@Tristan thanks for the reply, so would that mean i would have to edit "robots.txt" file
    example like this http://esotalk.org/sitemap.xml
    so that search engines could fine the sitemap.xml easier or not?

9. No. You should just install the latest development branch of this plugin and let it create the sitemap.xml for you. Then login into the Google Webmaster tools and submit the url of the sitemap in it there.

10. @Tristan No. You should just install the latest development branch of this plugin and let it create the sitemap.xml for you. Then login into the Google Webmaster tools and submit the url of the sitemap in it there.

@Tristan sorry is this one below the more recent one?
    https://github.com/tvb/Sitemap (May 25, 2014) Download Link

11. @Tristan ? is the above link OK or is there a edited one elsewhere.

12. Hi @Tech, that is the correct link. https://github.com/tvb/Sitemap

13. Deleted 4 years ago by Tech
  14. Edited 4 years ago by Tech

@Felli Had a few problems then switched a few lines around in Sitemap.php but things are working now.
    I Guess This Is My Pull Request. :o

@Tristan
    Woops !!!! Error !!!!
    (can you please add what feli updated in his patch to your repo Tristan ?
    (Feli has fixed a few problems but in the original repo i see no updates)
    (there is also now a fatal error in this plugin)

Fatal error: Call to undefined function conversationURL() in 
    D:\local\www\addons\plugins\Sitemap\plugin.php on line 97

Thank You

15. @Tech I have no issues with the Sitemap plugin as it is now. I am unsure what the changes of @Felli will do.

16. Edited 4 years ago by Felli

The problem I personally had was generating a sitemap, till I switched somethings around then things started working, that's pretty much all.

17. Edited 4 years ago by Tech
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function conversationURL() in 
    D:\local\www\addons\plugins\Sitemap\plugin.php on line 97

with this error there no way to continue browsing as the site comes to a hault

18. Edited 4 years ago by Tech
    line 97:  $url = conversationURL($conversation["conversationId"], $conversation["title"]);

something here in this line is what stops the forum and throws the error

19. Edited 4 years ago by Tech

@Felli The problem I personally had was generating a sitemap, till I switched somethings around then things started working, that's pretty much all.

@Felli when you get a chance please explain to me if there's a patch or away so that i can get around this fatal error? I really think sitemap plugin is useful for google (others) for bot crawling.

20. @Tech @Felli when you get a chance please explain to me if there's a patch or away so that i can get around this fatal error? I really think sitemap plugin is useful for google (others) for bot crawling.

I don't think the plugin is updated to g5 (Seeings as g5 is still under development and all.) It works for g4 (I've tested it myself.)

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!