White pages

1. 5 years ago

Hello.

I installed esoTalk today and have a few problems with it. There are a some pages where nothing shows up, just a white page.

1. Editing channels in the ACP and hitting ok will result in a white page. The channel has however been edited after that.
    2. Visiting a unread conversation will result in a white page.
    3. Starting a conversation does work, in a weird way. When I hit "Start Conversation", it stays on the page where I can edit the whole conversation. However, when I look into a channel, the conversation has been created. Visiting it will result in a white page.
    4. The plugin page looks weird. -image- Most of them also not seem to work.

I also tried to activate that esoTalk show php errors, but nothing shows up :/ .

2. Edited 5 years ago by Felli

You've got to go into your plugin files and edit the plugin.php file
    Normally you'll see a "getResource" just remove "get" from the line then save, this is how to fix most of the problems.

3. these arrangements are fixed in updates yet? @Felli

4. @dagasan these arrangements are fixed in updates yet? @Felli

I don't know of yet, I've mostly had to do mine manually. :)

5. @Felli You've got to go into your plugin files and edit the plugin.php file
    Normally you'll see a "getResource" just remove "get" from the line then save, this is how to fix most of the problems.

Mh, there is no "getResource" in any plugin.php I have Oo. Or do you mean a certain one?

6. @Yggdrasil Mh, there is no "getResource" in any plugin.php I have Oo. Or do you mean a certain one?

Here's an example of what it should look like
    -image-
    Another example would be this
    -image-
    Removing the "get" from the plugin's plugin.php will help fix some of the problems you're having

7. I see what you mean, but every "resource" already has no "get" before it. My hoster is all-inkl.com , did anyone had problems with them yet?

8. No it's not your provider (im having same problems) its the actual coding in the plugins that's not working....

9. @Yggdrasil I see what you mean, but every "resource" already has no "get" before it. My hoster is all-inkl.com , did anyone had problems with them yet?

All I can think of is to have someone go in and see what's wrong and see if they can fix it for you.

10. Edited 5 years ago by pajasu

@Felli, @Tech. Had the same problem with plugins page. After deleting “master” in plugins' folder names on FTP it magically started working.

11. @pajasu @Felli, @Tech. Had the same problem with plugins page. After deleting “master” in plugins' folder names on FTP it magically started working.

Good to hear it.

12. Ha Ha...I laugh so hard at myself for not seeing this. Yes, the "master" in the folder names was the problem, even with the style. Plugins also work now. I feel so ashamed...

However, that did not solve the white page problem for me. I cannot even log in anymore, cause nothing happens when I enter the details and hit the Log In button, it just stays on the same page. Everything works fine on another webhoster, so I assume all-inkl is missing a certain php feature or something?

13. @Yggdrasil Ha Ha...I laugh so hard at myself for not seeing this. Yes, the "master" in the folder names was the problem, even with the style. Plugins also work now. I feel so ashamed...

However, that did not solve the white page problem for me. I cannot even log in anymore, cause nothing happens when I enter the details and hit the Log In button, it just stays on the same page. Everything works fine on another webhoster, so I assume all-inkl is missing a certain php feature or something?

Are you using a Captcha plugin? If so then remove the plugin, they've been having problems with them not letting people login/register with a forum.

14. Actually no, I am not using that kind of plugin :/ .

15. If you take a backup, restore some files damage it may have occurred. To activate the wrong type of plug-ins that can cause problems sometimes.

16. @Yggdrasil Actually no, I am not using that kind of plugin :/ .

So me a screenshot of what plugins in your file manager you're using. I think I've already figured it out but to make sure of this a screenshot of the plugins in your file manager is needed.

17. Cannot do that, since as I said before, there is no way to log in. Here is a list from the FTP folder:

• Answers
    • Attachments
    • BB Code
    • Debug
    • Emotions
    • Profiles
    • SMTP
  18. @Yggdrasil Cannot do that, since as I said before, there is no way to log in. Here is a list from the FTP folder:

• Answers
    • Attachments
    • BB Code
    • Debug
    • Emotions
    • Profiles
    • SMTP

I can seen what I can do about these but no promises.

19. Try these ones I've tested and they all are in working condition. (FTP is not recommended for updating/installing esoTalk just saying...)

20. those of you who do not log in to the site ? @Yggdrasil

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!