SSO support

1. 5 years ago

I know this might be some thing heavy to implement, but I'm wondering is there any plan to support SSO(Single Sign On) in the future.

I think many websites would be interested in integrating a forum, SSO seems to be a sensible choice.

Vanilla has such function, it would be great to see eso has it too.

2. @madwynweb I know this might be some thing heavy to implement, but I'm wondering is there any plan to support SSO(Single Sign On) in the future.

I think many websites would be interested in integrating a forum, SSO seems to be a sensible choice.

Vanilla has such function, it would be great to see eso has it too.

Yeah, you can implement a single sign on but it'd take awhile to create a fully customized single sign on as it will take a lot of file editing and custom coding to string them all together. (This goes for customly made websites, not wordpress websites as that would take a lot longer.)

3. @Felli Yeah, you can implement a single sign on but it'd take awhile to create a fully customized single sign on as it will take a lot of file editing and custom coding to string them all together. (This goes for customly made websites, not wordpress websites as that would take a lot longer.)

I've been thinking that way. But that's more like hacking into the system, it will introduce too many modifications and would prevent future updating.

I'm thinking about a plugin natively in the eso forum system so that the admin will just need to create a config file to string everything up.

As for the eso part, it will behave as a Service Provider. I got those basically from here: http://vanillaforums.com/features/single-sign-on

4. @madwynweb I've been thinking that way. But that's more like hacking into the system, it will introduce too many modifications and would prevent future updating.

I'm thinking about a plugin natively in the eso forum system so that the admin will just need to create a config file to string everything up.

As for the eso part, it will behave as a Service Provider. I got those basically from here: http://vanillaforums.com/features/single-sign-on

Well for future updates for esoTalk there won't be any from what's been going around. Flarum is going to be replacing this forum software so for updates you don't have to worry on esoTalk's end just websites like Wordpress.

5. @Felli Well for future updates for esoTalk there won't be any from what's been going around. Flarum is going to be replacing this forum software so for updates you don't have to worry on esoTalk's end just websites like Wordpress.

Sounds good to me. Looking forward to seeing Flarum running in real word.

or Sign Up to reply!