Favicon Coding

1. 5 years ago

So I seen that to set a favicon you had to add $sender->addToHead("<link rel='shortcut icon' href='".getWebPath($this->resource("favicon.ico"))."'>"); to handler_init but after awhile pasted the code no longer is working. Is there another way of doing this or is this the easiest and quickest way?

2. You add "<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/icon.png" />" to <head> tag in core/views/default.master.php . @Felli

3. Also note that some browsers will automatically look for favicon.ico if it's not defined within the page.

4. Toby

5 Oct 2014 Administrator

Yeah, you should be able to just drop a favicon.ico in the root folder of your esoTalk installation.

Although I'm surprised that the handler_init snippet isn't working? Just did a quick test and it worked fine for me.

5. Edited 5 years ago by Felli

@Toby Yeah, you should be able to just drop a favicon.ico in the root folder of your esoTalk installation.

Although I'm surprised that the handler_init snippet isn't working? Just did a quick test and it worked fine for me.

Well I had to re root the favicon because of other html files that I had added which in each html file they had their own favicon root so the forums didn't pickup the favicon, but things are working now.

6. 3 years ago

[deleted]

11 Dec 2015

@Felli So I seen that to set a favicon you had to add $sender->addToHead("<link rel='shortcut icon' href='".getWebPath($this->resource("favicon.ico"))."'>"); to handler_init but after awhile pasted the code no longer is working. Is there another way of doing this or is this the easiest and quickest way?

where i can find ? $sender->addToHead("<link rel='shortcut icon' href='".getWebPath($this->resource("favicon.ico"))."'>") and where i must place favicon ?

7. So don't find it, you add it manually. On the skin.php on line 34, also you'll need a .ico image file in the skin's resource folder of the skin's directory which is normally >addons>skins>You Skin>resource.

8. [deleted]

11 Dec 2015

@Felli So don't find it, you add it manually. On the skin.php on line 34, also you'll need a .ico image file in the skin's resource folder of the skin's directory which is normally >addons>skins>You Skin>resource.

done, thank :)

or Sign Up to reply!