Introducing Flarum

1. ‹ Older
  2. 5 years ago

Toby

18 Nov 2014 Administrator

Yes, there will be a migration path.

The domain and support forum will remain active, but I will stop personally supporting esoTalk. I will continue making security fixes as necessary, and would be happy to hand over maintainership to you, @Thirtysixway.

3. Gooooo ahed

4. @Thirtysixway Was it already asked, what will happen to esoTalk.org ? Is the domain & software going away? It does seem to directly compete with Flarum. However I would definitely not want it to disappear as there are many people who still use it. Would there be a supported upgrade/migration path from esoTalk to Flarum?

This.

Can't wait to see Flarum live and in action.

5. I'm so excited to see what Flarum looks like and how it'll be! If it's anything like this software (esoTalk) then I have full faith that it will be one of the best (if not THE best) discussion software on the market!

6. Toby

21 Nov 2014 Administrator

You can see a preview here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1221714515/flarum-forums-reimagined

7. Hi all.
    I was so excited when I saw Flarum kick starter. But then it was just canceled.
    Refreshing back when read the post it gonna be open source. Honestly if you made it commercial, i will buy it!. (but not too expensive hopefully lol )

I have an 10year forum. From someforum script to some, to phpbb > to invasion then smf. got few thousands of members, but then FB effect hit us. Some still loyal, some unseen since then. Wouldn't blame them at all.

I knew, the old forum style really do look outdated. People prefer mobile friendly and similar to social network kind of interaction, notification and so on .

I'm waiting beta release of new Esotalk, or I prefer you can rebrand it as Flarum!

Good luck Flarum team.

8. @Toby Yes, there will be a migration path.

The domain and support forum will remain active, but I will stop personally supporting esoTalk. I will continue making security fixes as necessary, and would be happy to hand over maintainership to you, @Thirtysixway.

I'll consider it. I know we have some people forking/pulling changes to esoTalk already. I wouldn't be able to lead development but I could definitely help facilitate changes etc.

9. When we flarum will be completed?

10. Follow https://twitter.com/Flarum

11. Deleted 5 years ago by sionchang
  12. Deleted 5 years ago by MirHamid
  13. Toby

9 Dec 2014 Administrator

There is no footer.

14. Deleted 5 years ago by MirHamid
  15. @MirHamid i mean that i can not scroll down
    there isn't any scrollbar

There is not a scrollbar because there is nothing else to see. There is no more content.

16. Deleted 5 years ago by MirHamid
  17. @waplist When we flarum will be completed?

It'll be done when it's done.

18. @Niuwang It'll be done when it's done.

This is an old, overused answer. It is better to not provide an answer to the question, than answering it this way. It shows lack of care for the current, and potential user base.

I am sure @Toby has some--albeit rough--timeline somewhere that can be used as a starting point.

19. Edited 5 years ago by Niuwang

@Fastidious This is an old, overused answer. It is better to not provide an answer to the question, than answering it this way. It shows lack of care for the current, and potential user base.

I am sure @Toby has some--albeit rough--timeline somewhere that can be used as a starting point.

I'm repeating what @Toby said & I'm sure it's annoying having the same questions asked 300 times. It takes time to make software, let alone good software, and most people don't get that. It's better to sit back and wait rather than repeat the same question.

Doing that is only slowing down the process.

20. 4 years ago

I read the flarum planned feature list .

External user account integration

sounds good and maybe make a user sync possible...

Haven't found an API to integrate it with a website? Execute login / logout / register from "outside". SMF for example have a api to get user information, session, online members...

21. Toby

24 Jan 2015 Administrator

Flarum is an Ember app that consumes an API . So you'll be able to make your website consume that API too.

or Sign Up to reply!