Threading

1. 4 years ago

I like how esoTalk looks. It seems quite fast as well. My main complain is with the way threads are handled. Replies to one topic are all flat, that is very hard (actually, almost impossible) to figure out who is replying to whom. Are there any plans to improve this? Thanks!

2. I'm sure that when Flarum comes out they'll have this fixed. If not then we can only hope that someti,e down the line it'll be fixed.

3. What makes you so sure? Do you have inside information that the rest of us don't know? It is not that something is broken, it is that doesn't exist.

4. You can always do @Fastidious :)

5. @bogdanteodoru to refer to which post, the first, or the third?

6. @Fastidious this is where it gets more tricky :D

7. @Fastidious @bogdanteodoru to refer to which post, the first, or the third?

But you can always quote the exact post you want to answear to.

8. Edited 4 years ago by Fastidious

@bogdanteodoru But you can always quote the exact post you want to answear to.

Yes, but for topics with many posts/replies it is hard to follow. Have you seen how Discourse does it ? It really should not be that hard to implement.

9. @Fastidious Replies to one topic are all flat, that is very hard (actually, almost impossible) to figure out who is replying to whom.

No problem at all. Flat is best model.

10. @bogdanteodoru But you can always quote the exact post you want to answear to.

I was about to answer that.

11. @bogdanteodoru But you can always quote the exact post you want to answear to.

Yep, this is what you'd need to do. Other forums behave this same way, it's not unique to esoTalk to have a flat hierarchy of posts within a thread (conversation.)

or Sign Up to reply!