Development after Flarum release?

1. 5 years ago

Hi All,

I really want to use esoTalk but I am hesitant that the main people working on this will be working on a different project, Flarum. What will development be like after Flarum's release?

Thanks

2. Hi @kjaonline
    Esotalk is a great forum software. I like it, too. I think it's dependent on Flarum success. Flarum is the successor of Esotalk and much of the great Esotalk features could be implemented in Flarum...

There should be an upgrade path from Esotalk to Flarum.
    Maybe someone adopt / fork Esotalk after Flarum is released, but it's possible that it will be no longer maintained...

3. @pwFoo Hi @kjaonline
    Esotalk is a great forum software. I like it, too. I think it's dependent on Flarum success. Flarum is the successor of Esotalk and much of the great Esotalk features could be implemented in Flarum...

Maybe someone adopt / fork Esotalk after Flarum is released, but it's possible that it will be no longer maintained...

I'm hoping there would be a migration path to Flarum. But I'd be interested in at least doing bug fixes for esoTalk into the future.

4. [deleted]

26 Nov 2014
    Deleted 5 years ago by Thirtysixway
  5. Im willing to help with ESOTalk as well. I know php, html, mysql, photoshop, and etc.

6. Then make some plugins which users are requesting.

7. Remember that esoTalk is open source! If you'd like to develop skins or plugins, check out the esoTalk Documentation and click over to Plugins or Skins.

If you'd like to contribute to esoTalk core, visit the GitHub page and fork it. Once you've made fixes or changes, you can issue a pull request to have your commit merged into esoTalk develop branch.

Before sending a pull request for a new feature, you should first create an issue with [Proposal] in the title. The proposal should describe the new feature, as well as implementation ideas. The proposal will then be reviewed and either approved or denied. Once a proposal is approved, a pull request may be created implementing the new feature.

Pull requests for bugs may be sent without creating any proposal issue.

Additions and corrections to the documentation may also be contributed via the docs repository on GitHub.

@pwFoo Hi @kjaonline

esoTalk will most likely continue to have at least some security fixes and small enhancements as people will still be using the software after Flarum is released. From what has been posted, there will be an upgrade path from esoTalk to Flarum.

or Sign Up to reply!