Recommended that I use esoTalk for mailing list

1. 4 years ago
    Edited 4 years ago by oliversb

Should I base my whole mailing list off of subscribers of EsoTalk or are there any drawbacks from standard systems?

Should I also base my blog off of my own forum or is it better to use something like wordpress?

Once I have enabled the SMTP plugin enabled, how do users subscribe?

Thanks

It's all up to how you want to do it. esoTalk does require email verification so you can mostly assume your forum users have valid emails. I'm not sure how you'd restrict who could send emails unless your entire forum was read only and only you could write new conversations/posts.

You could also use it as a blog. One thing you'll run into is wordpress has a lot more plugins/themes, so if you're looking to expand and add more features you may not find those with esoTalk.

2. Thirtysixway

20 Jan 2015 Moderator Answer

It's all up to how you want to do it. esoTalk does require email verification so you can mostly assume your forum users have valid emails. I'm not sure how you'd restrict who could send emails unless your entire forum was read only and only you could write new conversations/posts.

You could also use it as a blog. One thing you'll run into is wordpress has a lot more plugins/themes, so if you're looking to expand and add more features you may not find those with esoTalk.

3. @Thirtysixway It's all up to how you want to do it. esoTalk does require email verification so you can mostly assume your forum users have valid emails. I'm not sure how you'd restrict who could send emails unless your entire forum was read only and only you could write new conversations/posts.

Thanks.

or Sign Up to reply!