Force sign up via Gravatar

1. 4 years ago

I want to make a simple plugin that will navigate towards the sign up page for Gravatar when you click sign-up instead of EsoTalk having its own. This is an effort to prevent spam.

I would imagine if this is possible it would be very easy to write this plugin. Where do I get started? If its a small enough project, could someone do it for me please?

Thanks

2. Edited 4 years ago by Felli

@oliversb I want to make a simple plugin that will navigate towards the sign up page for Gravatar when you click sign-up instead of EsoTalk having its own. This is an effort to prevent spam.

I would imagine if this is possible it would be very easy to write this plugin. Where do I get started? If its a small enough project, could someone do it for me please?

Thanks

A sign up via Gravatar wouldn't really help with forum spam, but if you want to prevent spam then go to >core>views>user>join.php and remove

<?php echo $form->open(); ?>

<div class='sheetBody'>

<h3><?php echo T("Sign Up"); ?></h3>
    <div class='section'>
    <ul class='form'>

<?php
    // Loop through the form sections (eg. "avatar", "notifications").
    foreach ($form->getSections() as $k => $v): ?>

<li><label><?php echo $v; ?></label> <div class='fieldGroup'>
    <?php
    // Loop through each of the fields in this section and output it.
    foreach ($form->getFieldsInSection($k) as $field): ?>

<?php echo $field; ?>

<?php endforeach; ?>
    </div></li>

<?php endforeach; ?>

</ul>
    </div>

</div>

<?php
    echo $form->button("submit", T("Sign Up"), array("class" => "big submit"));

Then go here and follow everything. Also make sure that you leave

<div class='buttons'> & <small><?php printf(T("Already have an account? <a href='%s' class='link-login'>Log in!</a>"), URL("user/login")); ?></small>

echo $form->cancelButton();

Just for the cancel button I guess. See Social Networks have their uses, even in spam protection. I know it's a little work but meh. xD

3. Thanks. Will give it a try.

or Sign Up to reply!