Doragon Skin

1. 4 years ago
    Edited 4 years ago by Felli

Alright so I've got a basic skin idea, it would most likely take a long time to actually implement all of the elements into esoTalk, but what the hey.
    Basically I'd like to create or have something that's created like this.

Design Feel

-image-
    Of course I'm still working on the look and feel of the skin, and of course this will require a lot of coding, but I'm hoping to actually seeing this project finished. I'm also up for any ideas/improvements on this.
    (I'll update it ever' so often for changes and news till the actual skin coding development starts.)

I'll be starting my work with Doragon Skin on Github as soon as I finish the designs. (I've got a lot of ideas and just hope that esoTalk's coding process will be able to handle this. :) )

Note: Will edit with more design feels.

2. Great idea! I would love if this was a skin!

3. I think it is hideous. The use of Comic Sans on the mockup doesn't help either.

4. [deleted]

11 Feb 2015

@Fastidious I think it is hideous. The use of Comic Sans on the mockup doesn't help either.

Agreed. Who uses Comic Sans these days anyway.

5. @Fastidious I think it is hideous. The use of Comic Sans on the mockup doesn't help either.

The font was the last one I used which was comic sans, I'm still working out the look and feel so opinions and idea changes are always nice. Font will be different of course.

@fcpwiz Great idea! I would love if this was a skin!

I'm hoping to actually work out a better design, but I'm really wanting to have it look around the same as the idea posted above.

6. It's good to see creative skins being worked on that break away from the traditional layout. One thing I noticed is there's no search box represented in the mockup, area for channels, or method to list the rest of the conversations

And I love how people are stuck on the comic sans :D haha

7. @Thirtysixway It's good to see creative skins being worked on that break away from the traditional layout. One thing I noticed is there's no search box represented in the mockup, area for channels, or method to list the rest of the conversations

I was thinking of making kind of like phpbb does, meaning click channel to see a sub channels, for the search box I'll work around displaying it over the latest conversations. I was going to make it so that the forum statistics would be displayed as a footer so that I could do so.

8. Edited 4 years ago by Fastidious

@Thirtysixway It's good to see creative skins being worked on that break away from the traditional layout. One thing I noticed is there's no search box represented in the mockup, area for channels, or method to list the rest of the conversations

There is nothing creative on that "skin," just boxes. Even he wrote afterwards "thinking of making kind of like phpbb does." Very creative, right? If there is something that stands esoTalk apart is the look, breaking away from "traditional" look and feeling. @Felli's idea is simply going backwards. Furthermore, I think it is fruitless to do anything for esoTalk. It's, allegedly, on its way out.

Can't get stuck on Comic Sans, it doesn't even exist on my system. To put it simple, the font sucks.

9. @Felli I was thinking of making kind of like phpbb does, meaning click channel to see a sub channels, for the search box I'll work around displaying it over the latest conversations. I was going to make it so that the forum statistics would be displayed as a footer so that I could do so.

I think that would work. I'd like to see the results once you get it going.

10. @Fastidious There is nothing creative on that "skin," just boxes. Even he wrote afterwards "thinking of making kind of like phpbb does." Very creative, right? If there is something that stands esoTalk apart is the look, breaking away from "traditional" look and feeling. @Felli's idea is simply going backwards. Furthermore, I think it is fruitless to do anything for esoTalk. It's, allegedly, on its way out.

Can't get stuck on Comic Sans, it doesn't even exist on my system. To put it simple, the font sucks.

@Fastidious I also added "meaning click channel to see sub channel" the reason I chose to make it this way is because as esoTalk is now it's all over the place when it comes to conversations, this skin would kind of help organize and categorize the conversations the way they should be done. Also can we stop with the Comic Sans joke now? We get it you don't like the font. It's not like the skin is going to be using it in the first place. xD

11. @Thirtysixway I think that would work. I'd like to see the results once you get it going.

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure that I'll get a lot of pull requests and issues submitted. xD

12. [deleted]

14 Feb 2015

Where index.php and other files on github @Felli ?

13. @saptomh12 Where index.php and other files on github @Felli ?

Nothing has been worked on of yet, I'm waiting for a friend to start helping me out on this skin. Not to mention there's most likely going to be a lot more coding that's required that all the other skins don't even compare to... I'm mostly trying to build all of the php files with phpDesigner 8 and then have a friend look it over then start on the have them work on the CSS, because I kind of suck with CSS and there will most likely be a lot of CSS and maybe a few JavaScript files... x'D

14. [deleted]

15 Feb 2015

Okay :)

15. I had a similar idea for a layout but my only issue was not being lazy. Have you attempted on it yet?

16. @Niuwang I had a similar idea for a layout but my only issue was not being lazy. Have you attempted on it yet?

It's still under development, but at a slow rate sadly.

17. I'm willing to help just need to see where you're at.

18. @Niuwang I'm willing to help just need to see where you're at.

At the moment all that is up is on Github, the only thing that is really needed is CSS and JavaScript coding, which personally I'm actually really bad at... xD

19. Edited 4 years ago by Niuwang

@Felli At the moment all that is up is on Github, the only thing that is really needed is CSS and JavaScript coding, which personally I'm actually really bad at... xD

Ah alright found your github I'll take a look.

20. @Niuwang Ah alright found your github I'll take a look.

Nothing much to look at, at the moment that is.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!