Ban Email Domain

1. 4 years ago

[deleted]

14 Feb 2015

I am using stopforumspam , reCaptcha , Honeypot for spam protection. However, I still receive the tone of spam daily. I checked the users account and most of the spam users are from @yahoo.com and @outlook.com. Yes, it include other mail, too. So, I decided to Ban by email address and I couldn't find the plugin for that.

I wrote myself for my forum.

You can download from https://github.com/saturngod/BanEmail

After enable the plugin , just put all the mail address with comma (,) that you want to ban.

Example : yahoo.com,outlook.com,freemail.ru

After banning the yahoo.com and outlook.com , I didn't receive spam until now.

I hope, this plugin will useful for you , too.

2. @saturngod I am using stopforumspam , reCaptcha , Honeypot for spam protection. However, I still receive the tone of spam daily. I checked the users account and most of the spam users are from @yahoo.com and @outlook.com. Yes, it include other mail, too. So, I decided to Ban by email address and I couldn't find the plugin for that.

I wrote myself for my forum.

You can download from https://github.com/saturngod/BanEmail

After enable the plugin , just put all the mail address with comma (,) that you want to ban.

Example : yahoo.com,outlook.com,freemail.ru

After banning the yahoo.com and outlook.com , I didn't receive spam until now.

I hope, this plugin will useful for you , too.

Well you could have just added

$allowedEmails = array('gmail.com');
         $arr = explode('@',$email);
         if(count($arr) > 2){
           return "invalidEmail";
         } else{
           if(!in_array(strtolower($arr[1]),$allowedEmails)){
             return "invalidEmail";
           }
         }

To your ETMemberModel.class.php file, after the line that starts with if (!filter_var($email, FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL)) return "invalidEmail"; doing this work only make sign ups useable to Gmail. But nice to see another plugin added to the fold, great job.

3. Want to allow to use more mailboxes...

$arr = explode('@',$email);
    	if(count($arr) > 2){
    		return "invalidEmail";
    	}else{
    		switch (strtolower($arr[1]))
    		{
    		case "qq.com":
    			break;
    		case "126.com":
    			break;
    		case "163.com":
    			break;