Verified Tick

1. 4 years ago

[deleted]

30 May 2015

Was looking to add a Verified tick to users of selected groups.
    It would be fun to have Verified marks on people.

I'm not much into codes and development, But what I have figured out is if we can Add this code at the end of the Username, which is actually the code that puts the Answered tick in threads.

<span class="label label-answered " title="Answered"> <i class="icon-ok-sign"></i> </span>

Could this be possible? If yes please let me know.

2. I could see this being able to work tho I don't know why you'd want this. I mean the verified icon is really popular for social media sites, but for a forum software I don't think that's something needed (Unless you're running a huge gaming community with famous and well known gamers who have joined.)

3. [deleted]

31 May 2015

I'm running a forum for Artists, Filmmakers, VFX Artists, Painters, Musicians.
    There are a few people who stand famous in the indie community at my place and I think giving them a Verified tick would really seem cool on this end.

I figured something more out. If I inspect element selecting the Username and then edit that line in HTML and add the above code right after the name, it works! But I need to know how do I code Individual members in the back end? is there a way?

Would the custom.css work? As I said I'm not into coding, please let me know

Check the screenshot out.

4. @TheRawKnee I'm running a forum for Artists, Filmmakers, VFX Artists, Painters, Musicians.
    There are a few people who stand famous in the indie community at my place and I think giving them a Verified tick would really seem cool on this end.

I figured something more out. If I inspect element selecting the Username and then edit that line in HTML and add the above code right after the name, it works! But I need to know how do I code Individual members in the back end? is there a way?

Would the custom.css work? As I said I'm not into coding, please let me know

Check the screenshot out.

Well I'm pretty sure you could use the custom.css but you'd also have to edit maybe the member or members.php as well, tho I personally haven't tried doing this, it seems like something that could be possible.

5. [deleted]

31 May 2015

I browsed the entire backend to find something that has the members data.
    Where do I find this members.php?

I just need a document that woukd accept HTML code and have all the registered members names listed there. I mean from where the server would read back.

Also if Custom.css would work? Please tell me what shall I type?
    I was trying things like .member-1{code}

6. >core>view>member>profile.php or >core>view>members>member.php might be the exact file you'd want to edit, not really sure which one should be edited, might end up being both. I personally wouldn't know which files would need changed for such a thing to work, as I don't really work with stuff that are normally seen done to social media sites.

7. [deleted]

31 May 2015

I didn't find anything there. :P
    All they have are like members<username> like things.. And i don't even understand where to do what :( I don't wanna break the system.

Can you give me a custom.css code to type in? Like to Tag on a member?

Or can you tell me what exactly to do in the members.php ?? I was expecting a file with proper member by member name like this

<a href="/forum/index.php/member/1-therawknee" title="View therawknee's profile">therawknee</a>

So I can simply add the

<span class="label label-answered " title="Verified Account">
    		<i class="icon-ok-sign"></i>
    	</span>

and the end would be this

<a href="/forum/index.php/member/1-therawknee" title="View therawknee's profile">therawknee</a> <span class="label label-answered " title="Verified Account">
    		<i class="icon-ok-sign"></i>
    	</span>

This is like the actual and only way which made this thing work.
    Please Help!

8. [deleted]

31 May 2015

An update.
    If I go into the profile.php and member.php and add the verified code in this

<h1 id='memberName'><?php echo name($member["username"]); ?></h1>

like this

<h1 id='memberName'><?php echo name($member["username"]); ?><span class="label label-answered " title="Verified Account">
    		<i class="icon-ok-sign"></i></h1>

It works!! The problem is, it does it for everybody. How do I restrict it to only certain members I choose?
    I broke things down to this end. Please Help!

9. @TheRawKnee An update.
    If I go into the profile.php and member.php and add the verified code in this

<h1 id='memberName'><?php echo name($member["username"]); ?></h1>

like this

<h1 id='memberName'><?php echo name($member["username"]); ?><span class="label label-answered " title="Verified Account">

It works!! The problem is, it does it for everybody. How do I restrict it to only certain members I choose?
    I broke things down to this end. Please Help!

Well for that you'd have to break it down into a memberId string. So that a select memberId would be shown as verified. But there is a number of other ways to do this I'm sure.

10. [deleted]

31 May 2015

@Felli, Mate how do I do that? The MemberID string? I got no idea on that.. :(

11. @TheRawKnee @Felli, Mate how do I do that? The MemberID string? I got no idea on that.. :(

Basically esoTalk falls back on memberId rather than memberName.
    (This is an example please do not try)

<h1 id-'memberId'><?php echo name($member["memberId"]); ?></h1>
    <h1 id='memberId'><?php echo name($member["memberId"]); ?><span class="label label-verified" title="Verified Account">

Instead of all members this would call on a specific member's forum ID, of course you'd have to call the specific member's forum ID manually doing it this way. (Which is why I personally wouldn't want to go through with all the work to add to specific members.)

12. Here's another example of a verified tick (Please don't try on esoTalk as I don't know if it would work.)

<span style="color:#09FF00; font-size:11px;top: -2px;" class="verified_badge fa fa-stack fa-fw" title="Verified Account"><i class="fa fa-certificate fa-stack-2x"></i><i class="fa fa-check fa-stack-1x fa-inverse"></i></span>
  13. [deleted]

1 Jun 2015

How do I actually do this to my forum? I tried adding different lines in member.php the same way you mentioned, but i won't do nothing. Do I need to create a different .php file? or how??

Please mate tell me how do I actually allot specific memberID with the tags :(

As I said I'm not tha habitual with stuffs like that so I'm a bit Noob u can say.

Anyway check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheRawKneeOfficial This is why I need Verification Tags.

14. @TheRawKnee How do I actually do this to my forum? I tried adding different lines in member.php the same way you mentioned, but i won't do nothing. Do I need to create a different .php file? or how??

Please mate tell me how do I actually allot specific memberID with the tags :(

As I said I'm not tha habitual with stuffs like that so I'm a bit Noob u can say.

Anyway check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheRawKneeOfficial This is why I need Verification Tags.

Facebook's code is too messy for me to even look at, if you'd ask me I'm pretty sure that esoTalk might need a plugin or might need basically manually coded into each member account (I've never really worked with verified coding before so it's somewhat of a mystery to me personally, other than the memberId string theory, which would identify individual members by their forum ID should work, but it would be best to ask someone to create a plugin rather than manually code into every account you want verified.) That being said I've got work to do.

15. [deleted]

1 Jun 2015

You heard this man. Can anybody create a plugin?
    Everything is soo much sorted out in this entire thread? Cqn anybody please?

16. 3 years ago

id like to see a plugin like this also

17. [deleted]

19 Mar 2016

You mean like this? (screenshot)

In action: https://soundgine.com/forum/index.php/109-the-godzilla-seo-thread

18. @kode You mean like this? (screenshot)

Yes, is there any chance you would be willing to make a plugin (or explain) how you did this to your community?

19. [deleted]

26 Mar 2016

@kode You mean like this? (screenshot)

wow, can you teach us how you did that?

or Sign Up to reply!