esoTalk look and performance

1. 4 years ago

I have been reading and sometimes posting at Flarum lately, I had forgotten how esoTalk felt like. I have to admit there are many things I like on esoTalk, that are long gone from Flarum. I like that esoTalk is more compact, on topic list, without the huge avatar that Flarum has. There are many more subtleties I like about esoTalk.

Would I be considered weird if I say I very much prefer esoTalk over Flarum?

2. Edited 4 years ago by Felli

So far I've tested 1st beta, and I really liked it but seeings as I'm using x10Hosting I'm unable to upgrade because the fileinfo extension is "disabled" on the servers on their side. So far Flarum just doesn't seem like something that's worth using, plus I like esoTalk's theming more than how Flarum's is done.

3. I don't think it's weird. Esotalk is pretty well designed and even though simple has a great core set of features. I suppose Flarum could be themed to look more like esoTalk. I am thinking the issue is more about the frameworks and trying to get the systems on a more standardized back end to extend development in the future. I do think maybe two more releases of esoTalk would have gotten it to be more mainstream.

or Sign Up to reply!