Verified mark plugging request

1. 3 years ago

[deleted]

4 Nov 2015

Verified mark plugging request like Facebook. Someone please make this plugging.
    -image-

2. I have a Github posted in the works for this, tho seeings as esoTalk is dying out I've not really put in the effort of completing it, if you or anyone else wants to help out in the creation then that'd be fine.

3. [deleted]

5 Nov 2015

@Felli I have a Github posted in the works for this, tho seeings as esoTalk is dying out I've not really put in the effort of completing it, if you or anyone else wants to help out in the creation then that'd be fine.

Please tell me how to add Verified badge to user????

4. It's not possible right now, unless you manually edit each user.

5. [deleted]

11 Nov 2015

@Felli I have a Github posted in the works for this, tho seeings as esoTalk is dying out I've not really put in the effort of completing it, if you or anyone else wants to help out in the creation then that'd be fine.

I hate hearing this.

I assume everyone will be/is transitioning to Flarum?

6. @Gary I hate hearing this.

I assume everyone will be/is transitioning to Flarum?

So far Flarum isn't as interesting to me anymore, so not till I see a lot more improvements done with the software.

7. [deleted]

14 Nov 2015

What about it do you dislike or what has caused your disinterest in Flarum, @Felli? I'm genuinely curious. Feel free to open up another topic to prevent derailing this one.

8. Why not just support esoTalk more than? If anything anyone can fork the project or "take it over" if Toby allows so. I mean yeah it's not the best, but it can be built up to be the best.

9. @KnownSyntax Why not just support esoTalk more than? If anything anyone can fork the project or "take it over" if Toby allows so. I mean yeah it's not the best, but it can be built up to be the best.

Actually someone is doing that already.

10. [deleted]

16 Nov 2015

I believe @Toby and @Franz are busy with Flarum. I don't think there will be any more development occurring by Toby with esoTalk although I could be wrong. Let's just stick it out and see what the future holds for esoTalk and the community it has built up in its existence.

11. @Felli Actually someone is doing that already.

Which fork?

12. **** I might be exaggerating here. But maybe not.
    It's a sad situation to see that Toby gave up on esotalk.

13. @19eighties Which fork?

@jsonnull 's fork, and it's making a lot of changes.

14. @Felli Actually someone is doing that already.

Interesting, any link to this person's GitHub with the changes yet, or it still in a beta/off-release version for now? Would there be an ease way to just move from esoTalk to his/her version?

15. @KnownSyntax Interesting, any link to this person's GitHub with the changes yet, or it still in a beta/off-release version for now? Would there be an ease way to just move from esoTalk to his/her version?

At the moment nothing has been done on it (code wise) but here's the Github . From my understanding a lot will be changed to make it faster.

16. [deleted]

17 Nov 2015

@KnownSyntax Interesting, any link to this person's GitHub with the changes yet, or it still in a beta/off-release version for now? Would there be an ease way to just move from esoTalk to his/her version?

Right now the master branch is pretty much identical to esoTalk, but I have some other branches that have active development ongoing. Here's the gist of things right now:

• Installation will be possible via FTP or git just like esoTalk. To upgrade from esoTalk to the new version, simply replace all files except your configuration file.
    • I'm upgrading the themes+plugins system to make it easier for new users to work with. Unfortunately this means that plugins and themes made for esoTalk will not be compatible, but I'll be manually porting the most common 10 or 15 plugins, including Likes, recaptcha, etc. and these will all use the same database tables, so if your current forum has Likes and you choose to upgrade, just use the new Likes plugin and you won't lose any data or functionality.

Currently I've got an early version of the theme system working and I'm converting the base theme to Handlebars, and you can track the progress of that here: https://github.com/jsonnull/fireside/issues/18 . Here's the branch that work is being done on: https://github.com/jsonnull/fireside/tree/feature-restructure-internals .

The big pain points with esoTalk right now are that the framework is entirely custom (and hard to maintain because of this) and the interface for plugin and skin authors is too difficult to navigate. My priority right now is to get out a proper release that makes skins and plugins much easier to do and lets esoTalk users upgrade painlessly. I'm also gradually adjusting the structure of the internals to make development and maintenance easier.

This is getting a bit off-topic, I'll make a new thread for Fireside later today so that we can discuss this properly.

17. [deleted]

19 Nov 2015
    Deleted 3 years ago by Thirtysixway
  18. [deleted]

20 Mar 2016

With a little code wizardry....

In action: https://soundgine.com/forum/index.php/109-the-godzilla-seo-thread

As an admin, you can go through your member list and click on a grey icon and make them verified...

19. [deleted]

8 Apr 2016

@kode Can you share the plugin?

20. @kode With a little code wizardry....

In action: https://soundgine.com/forum/index.php/109-the-godzilla-seo-thread

As an admin, you can go through your member list and click on a grey icon and make them verified...

Any possible way to share this plugin with everyone else? Or show the steps on how to do this?

Thanks!

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!