Easy way to customize css?

1. 4 years ago

[deleted]

12 Nov 2015

Hello.
    I've been messing with the CSS of the default skin and it its bothering me pretty hard.
    There is no easy way to alter the CSS of the forums as far as I've found. Theres atleast always one thing overriding another that I can't do anything about. Is there a way to just write my own css file and use it? Without needing to write 10million lines of php for it to work?

2. @DarkEyeDragon Hello.
    I've been messing with the CSS of the default skin and it its bothering me pretty hard.
    There is no easy way to alter the CSS of the forums as far as I've found. Theres atleast always one thing overriding another that I can't do anything about. Is there a way to just write my own css file and use it? Without needing to write 10million lines of php for it to work?

Eh It's almost impossible to make a custom skin without modifying the code of esoTalk, as of now skins are basically overlapped by the >core>views which basically act as a default.

3. [deleted]

13 Nov 2015

@Felli Thats a shame. I woud really love this freeware if it was just that tiny bit userfriendly. Thanks for answering.

4. [deleted]

15 Nov 2015

@DarkEyeDragon
    Actually there's already a way to do exactly what you want. You need to use custom.css located inside config folder. This CSS file overrides all other files.

P.S. In case custom.css doesn't override you can always use !important attribute.

or Sign Up to reply!