Why are deleted posts still visible?

1. 7 years ago

Why are posts of members, deleted by moderators, still visible. You can't see what's in the post, but you can see there was a post, and it's deleted. It should only be visible for moderators.

2. Tears

10 Jul 2012 Moderator

I agree. Deleted posts should be only visible to moderators.

3. Toby

10 Jul 2012 Administrator

This is an interesting point. I agree with you - deleted posts should only be visible to moderators - but there is a reason I did not make it so, a reason which may or may not still be relevant. It was complicated and I can't remember exactly how it manifested, but it had something to do with the AJAX polling for new/updated posts.

It would definitely be worth looking into again, though, because that reason may no longer be relevant - a lot has changed since I considered this idea.

4. Tears

10 Jul 2012 Moderator

I think that might be a good idea.

5. I tried to fix it. I made an edit button so that i could edit the posts before restoring and i was also able to view them. But it was hard to directly restore it after saving the deleted post.

6. 6 years ago

could you not make the delete function send all deleted posts to a forum conversation called Graveyard - only visible to admins and mods, so that the posts can be restored from here if needs be, or deleted further (permanent deletion.)

or Sign Up to reply!