Full list of plugins used on esoTalk's official support forum

1. 3 years ago

[deleted]

9 Dec 2015

Hello @Toby . Would you please provide me with all the plugins used in this forum? I'm sure all the other eT fans would like to know too!
    Thanks infinitely.

2. Most of the plugins are the default ones, as well as some custom css.

3. [deleted]

9 Dec 2015

@Felli I need the custom ones please. Like the "Like" feature, custom profile fields, "@" mentions, "This answers my question" and the rest. Thanks.

4. [deleted]

9 Dec 2015

@Toby I want to also know what is the hosting plan you're using, as an example to follow for my forum? Thanks.

5. The mention is in the core by default so it comes with all versions of esoTalk. The like plugin is in the esoTalk directory on github as well as a list of used/not very much used plugins. As for anything custom it's just the custom.css that generated after the installation is completed, as for asking anything from Tody, you most likely won't get anywhere with this, as Tody is working on Flarum a new forum software that is esoTalk's successor, as mentioned on the main page of esoTalk .

Note: Some of the plugins don't work, such as the "Ignore" & "ShadowBan", others must be edited manually to work with g4 and newer.

6. [deleted]

13 Dec 2015

Thank you very much @Felli .
    i have other questions for you, so please don't be mad at me if i ask too much of them.

• how can i hide the post deletion area that shows up when a reply is deleted from guests and other members, except me and the admin?
    • how can i hide the user "Follow" button from my own profile so that i don't follow myself?
    • how can i implement a search box for member search only, and accessible only for members?
    • how to give members the ability to report bad content?
    • any chat/pm plugin?
    • how to add tags to conversations?

Of course you can ignore all this if you want to.
    Thank you!

7. Edited 3 years ago by Felli

@morad Thank you very much @Felli .
    i have other questions for you, so please don't be mad at me if i ask too much of them.

• how can i hide the post deletion area that shows up when a reply is deleted from guests and other members, except me and the admin?
    • how can i hide the user "Follow" button from my own profile so that i don't follow myself?
    • how can i implement a search box for member search only, and accessible only for members?
    • how to give members the ability to report bad content?
    • any chat/pm plugin?
    • how to add tags to conversations?

Of course you can ignore all this if you want to.
    Thank you!

I'll try my best to answer all the questions asked.

1. I'm not sure exactly how it's done but I do know it is possible to do this by editing a core file or adding something to the config.php file (I don't know if it's possible to hide it for just one or two groups, but it is possible to hide from all.)
    2. I'm not sure on this one, I'd have to look into this.
    3. I'm not sure what you're asking for on this one... Sorry...
    4. There isn't a plugin for this (To my knowledge) but I did a little modification of another plugin here .
    5. This isn't possible, the only actual thing is private conversations (But there is a Shoutbox plugin.)
    6. Tagging isn't a part of esoTalk, don't ask me why, but it was felt unnecessary to be added.
  8. [deleted]

14 Dec 2015

Thank you @Felli .
    The third point is something like Facebook's search box that only searches for members, not posts, and only logged in members have the permission to access it.

9. @morad Thank you @Felli .
    The third point is something like Facebook's search box that only searches for members, not posts, and only logged in members have the permission to access it.

Well this is a forum software, so wanting to have just a search for members and not posts would be kinda useless here, if you want to create something like a social community you should be using a social networking software not a forums. As for search members, you can use #author: then type the users name and it'll show a list of posts made by that user, and you can easily search members in the members area (Example: here .)

10. [deleted]

14 Dec 2015

I appreciate it @Felli .
    I noticed you can filter down search results using custom profile fields' values! That's very nice!

11. @morad I appreciate it @Felli .
    I noticed you can filter down search results using custom profile fields' values! That's very nice!

No problem.

or Sign Up to reply!