PHP7 and MySQL4+

1. 3 years ago

[deleted]

9 Jan 2016

Hi there, Friends,
    I'm newbie in EsoTalk and I really like it, Today, I was installing Esotalk on my website, But when I redirected to the installation page ( First-Run Tables insert installation ) EsoTalk produced an Error that my MySQL Must be Up than 4, I guested that The problem is with my PHP7, So I changed it to 5.6 and the problem solved and installation completed totally successfully,
    I suggest the EsoTalk Developers to support PHP7 to use for forums, You know, I really don't like when PHP7 is available for me, I use an old version (PHP5.6)
    Thank you.

2. esoTalk will be getting replaced by Flarum, so if you want to use something that isn't recommend with esoTalk then you will more than likely need to do the edits yourself, or wait until Fireside is fully out (a fork of esoTalk) and let them know that you want to use PHP 7 and MySQL 4.x+ with this software.

3. [deleted]

14 Jan 2016

@KnownSyntax esoTalk will be getting replaced by Flarum, so if you want to use something that isn't recommend with esoTalk then you will more than likely need to do the edits yourself, or wait until Fireside is fully out (a fork of esoTalk) and let them know that you want to use PHP 7 and MySQL 4.x+ with this software.

I know Flarum as well, But first time I tried to try Flarum out, I noticed that Flarum needs SSH access to go installed on my server. But I don't have access to SSH because I have a shared-hosting plan, That's why I left Flarum and I turned to EsoTalk, That's uncomfortable for me that EsoTalk will not supported anymore...

4. @KnownSyntax also mentioned the fork Fireside. At least your host has a compatible version of PHP for you to use with esoTalk. Every situation usually involves some kind of compromise. It looks like version 7 was just released in December...

or Sign Up to reply!