Modification Question

1. 4 years ago

Hi everyone!
    Today I came across a chat platform called Rocketchat , its a very good one and user friendly specially for technical discussions.... but given the fact that its a chat software (chats are not stored and searchable by search engines like a forum) its of no use to me.

Is it possible to make esotalk look like Rocketchat ? I mean the way threads are categorized and views infact the whole UI ?

2. I doubt that would be possible with how the software is setup as of now, but I wouldn't say that a custom skin and some custom css couldn't make a somewhat of a look-a-like. As for a question on modifying esoTalk it's not recommended unless you know the API in and out, and even then it's still not recommended, then again you can always wait for Fireside or Flarum to release a stable version.

3. Edited 4 years ago by laalkitaab

What could be the possible solution ? Cant we rearrange how the threads appear and where the menus and buttons should be placed and how they look ? Any solution or customization possible ?

Perhaps something like this -image- will really appreciate if someone could put me in the right direction

4. @laalkitaab What could be the possible solution ? Cant we rearrange how the threads appear and where the menus and buttons should be placed and how they look ? Any solution or customization possible ?

Perhaps something like this -image- will really appreciate if someone could put me in the right direction

For something that looks like that I'd suggest checking out Flarum to be honest, as I said with how esoTalk is of now it's pretty limited, other than custom css and skins this would require most likely a lot of core editing to be done, the only problem is the coding from the core isn't really "stable" when edited 100% of the time. This is one of the reasons that Toby (The creator of esoTalk) moved on to a new forum software, called Flarum, and started working on it, and the look and feel might be something that you're looking for, here's the Demo of Flarum, just note that Flarum is still in beta and a stable version won't be happening anytime soon (See Milestones for a better look at when the next beta comes as well as the stable release.)

or Sign Up to reply!