Plugins seem not to work

1. 4 years ago

[deleted]

22 Jan 2016

Hello esoTalkers, I just added some plugins (Views, Likes, Attachment, Gravatar, Profile) and then I activated all of them but they do not show on my site. I have cleared my browser cookies and histories and then tried again but still the same result. Is there another way to activate them?

2. Make sure the folder name only has the name of the plugin (delete "-Master" or anything like that). I think the name also must have a first capital letter.

3. The name must match the plugin ID, which is shown in the plugin.php file.

4. [deleted]

27 Jan 2016

@19eighties Make sure the folder name only has the name of the plugin (delete "-Master" or anything like that). I think the name also must have a first capital letter.

I have done so but still the same. eg. the default name for the likes plugin is 'Likes-Master' and I changed it to 'Likes' but still the same problem- it doesn't show!

5. Are you uploading them in the correct directory? Also have you made any changes to the esoTalk code what so ever?

What shows up in the admin panel under the plugins tab (which plugins do since there are some that are there by default)? Also did you add any required language files into the correct directory (sometimes the plugins will not load if you do not add the language files AND/OR do not have the correct content within them)?

6. @KnownSyntax Are you uploading them in the correct directory? Also have you made any changes to the esoTalk code what so ever?

What shows up in the admin panel under the plugins tab (which plugins do since there are some that are there by default)? Also did you add any required language files into the correct directory (sometimes the plugins will not load if you do not add the language files AND/OR do not have the correct content within them)?

To add to this which version are you using of esoTalk?

7. [deleted]

31 Jan 2016

Thanks you guys, I've fixed it. The problem was that I activate it before changing the names that's why it didn't work.

8. @successcard Thanks you guys, I've fixed it. The problem was that I activate it before changing the names that's why it didn't work.

I'm glad that you found and fixed the problem. :)

or Sign Up to reply!