Something Went Wrong - Help!

1. 3 years ago

[deleted]

4 Mar 2016

So I went to my forum today and was greeted by this error. I really need to have this site running, is there anything I can do? If the database is damaged, is there anyway for me to salvage my users/conversations?

Thanks!

2. Did you make any recent changes?

3. [deleted]

4 Mar 2016

Not within the past few days, no

4. [deleted]

4 Mar 2016

@19eighties Anyway to salvage the information?

5. Yeah, if you have something like phpMyAdmin, you can backup your whole DB by downloading a zipped copy. Also check with your host and see what type of backup may be available. Also do a search on the very first line SQL Error(42000, 1286): Unknown table engine 'lnnoDB' to see if there are any clues.

6. [deleted]

4 Mar 2016

When I import the downloaded DB and reinstall esotalk, will I get the same error?

7. Hmm I've not ran into this problem before, it might be nothing, but try checking the requirements , then again it could be that your version of MySQL isn't supported for some reason...

8. Could this be because of your database tables? By default the installation gives et_ for the beginning of tables.

9. It honestly looks like the version of MySQL that was installed when your forum was first installed has been upgraded, hence the error about the database engine not being noticed or recognized anymore. Try rebuild all of the tables and seeing if that helps (inside of phpMyAdmin).

10. [deleted]

4 Mar 2016

@KnownSyntax Sorry I'm a pain in the ass, how exactly can I rebuild the tables? I have access to phpMyAdmin, just not sure how to rebuild. Bit of a lightweight here ha.

This also makes sense, last night the MySQL server went down for a bit and then this happened, so I'm assuming they updated.

EDIT: When I run REPAIR TABLE config;, I get this:

11. @phig @KnownSyntax Sorry I'm a pain in the ass, how exactly can I rebuild the tables? I have access to phpMyAdmin, just not sure how to rebuild. Bit of a lightweight here ha.

This also makes sense, last night the MySQL server went down for a bit and then this happened, so I'm assuming they updated.

EDIT: When I run REPAIR TABLE config;, I get this:

This could help, here's some insight on how to repair InnoDB and here's a blog post that could help you with this as well.

or Sign Up to reply!