How to change conversation preview?

1. 3 years ago

[deleted]

3 Apr 2016

I don't like the wat topics ordered like in esoTalk. It has just subject. I want it to be like this:

http://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how-to/

You can see a few sentence, topic image before clicking any topic. How can I make it esoTalk like this?

2. So you want it similar to how esoTalk does it with any pinned discussion, correct?

3. [deleted]

4 Apr 2016

@KnownSyntax Not entirely, I want to show image for conversation preview's and seperate each conversation a little like in null byte.

4. First of all Null Byte uses pagination, second I'd say it'd be possible to some out add channel banners of some kind, tho I'd see it being more effective through a custom theme, or hacking the custom.css file like everyone else normally does, it's not that hard as it would seem, tho I've not tried it myself. :)

5. [deleted]

7 Apr 2016

@Felli Thank you for your quick response. I'll definetly look for it. How can I show every post like pinned ones like @KnownSyntax said. I think it's a start.

6. You can edit (I forget which file off of the top of my head) and force it to show a preview for all discussions by forcing the limit/restriction on only stickied discussions.

7. I do know that the Sticky feature runs through the ETConversationController.class.php file somewhere a few times. Another file might be needed looked at is ETPostModel.class.php but I've not really gone threw all of esoTalk's files.

8. [deleted]

18 Apr 2016

Yeah, I looked for them but couldn't find where "sticky" is planned to show preview.

9. [deleted]

18 Apr 2016

@KnownSyntax You can edit (I forget which file off of the top of my head) and force it to show a preview for all discussions by forcing the limit/restriction on only stickied discussions.

Well, couldn't find the file but thanks anyway :)

10. [deleted]

18 Apr 2016

I found this in view/conversations/conversation.php

// If this conversation is stickied, output an excerpt from its first post.
    if ($conversation["firstPost"])
    	echo "<div class='excerpt'>".ET::formatter()->init($conversation["firstPost"])->inline(true)->firstLine()->clip(200)->format()->get()."</div>";

I guess this one does the trick.

or Sign Up to reply!