[b] Shows on the sticky preview

1. 3 years ago

[deleted]

8 Apr 2016

[b] Doesn't hide it itself when I make the entry bold. When you open the conversation it becomes bold and hide [b] but for preview on the channels, it does not hide.

2. Could you edit your original post so that it reflects the issue that you're having, that or provide a link where we can see the issue? Would help a lot. :)

3. [deleted]

9 Apr 2016

Like on the attachment. It doesn't hide [b] code on the main page

4. I know this may sound stupid of me to ask, but did you add the bold endpoint? Also might be something to do with ) being used, this would have to be looked into tho.

[b][/b]
  5. [deleted]

9 Apr 2016

Haha :) I may be kinda noob but not that much. I didn't even write it manually, I used the Bold button at the top. So there shouldn't be any mistake.

6. @Felli I know this may sound stupid of me to ask, but did you add the bold endpoint? Also might be something to do with ) being used, this would have to be looked into tho.
    [b][/b]

This issue appears with the "Answers" extenion as well, any BBCode will show as the code itself and not the result.

For example if you had [b]HI[/b], it would litterally show the [b]HI[/b] and not the bold HI
  7. Edited 3 years ago by Felli

@KnownSyntax This issue appears with the "Answers" extension as well, any BBCode will show as the code itself and not the result.
    For example if you had [b]HI[/b], it would literally show the [b]HI[/b] and not the bold HI

Hmm... Looks like a issue rending the BBCode... Strange because this isn't happening with the BBCode plugin that I've been using... (Or at least I've not found this issue yet!) Would you mind testing it and sending me a private conversation with any console errors, debug issues, and the such? Would help Fireside out in the future. :)

UPDATE
    I've done a small change with the plugin, of course I've not had time to do any testing, but I'll continue updating it as time passes. On line 114 I didn't remove the | so this needs to be removed for the plugin to work. :)

:)

8. I've noticed this too... the short summary in the topic list will show the BBCode for a pinned topic and if I use an attachment for an image, it will show that tag as well.

9. Do you know if this fully fixes the issue @Felli ?

10. [deleted]

14 Apr 2016

Omg, It also show on google, I found one of my article on google. And it's show [h][b] tags what a shame.

11. @KnownSyntax not exactly, but it does fix an issue with the code that was done, and it was merged to the master branch on GitHub. I'm still looking into this very issue, but I've got a more important issue to cover and that would be Firefox issues that come up in Fireside, but that's mostly because of the BBCode being slightly hacked together, not trying to diss Toby or anything, but that's basically how it looks. I'm somewhat glad that Markdown will be the primary format being used in Fireside. XD

As for an alternative to using the BBCode plugin, I'd suggest using the esoParsedownExtra plugin as it's working pretty well, the only downside is there aren't any buttons to push, you'd have to learn more about Markdown to use it, tho I'm sure that someone could come along and edit in a buttons option similar to BBCode's. :)

12. [deleted]

15 Apr 2016

esoParsedownExtra also breaks when it gets a long text. For example;

***SomeText*** will show as SomeText

But if you type long sentences instead of "SomeText" it get breaks, same thing is with BBCode, it'll work with "SomeText" but when it gets long sentences as an input. It breaks.

13. Have you tried using "_SomeText_" rather than "***SomeText***" as this also works as Italic. If that doesn't help maybe as @19eighties about this? :)

14. [deleted]

15 Apr 2016

I'll try it out :) Also I'll try to add buttons for that plugin just like BBCode ;)

15. [deleted]

17 Apr 2016

@Felli Aren't there another tags? When user write "_" in text and if you try to make it italic etc. It breaks. I added buttons for esoparsedown plugin. But extra _ as input breaks :)

16. Hmm "_Text_" should work I've not had it break on my forums that I know of. Could you provide a screenshot of this? Did you make sure that the plugin file was named esoParsedownExtra? esoTalk is case sensitive with it's plugins & skins. o.O

17. [deleted]

17 Apr 2016

Just try _Some text bla bla my me mails is [email protected] add me_ it should like this:

Some text bla bla my me mails is blabla
    [email protected] add me_

after blaba_ it will take as italic ending tag end it'll back to normal, soo "[email protected] add me" wont be italic and there will be _ at the end.

It would never work if something were wrong with plugin name :) It works but have problem with rare cases.

18. @casperas Just try _Some text bla bla my me mails is [email protected] add me_ it should like this:

Some text bla bla my me mails is blabla
    [email protected] add me_

after blaba_ it will take as italic ending tag end it'll back to normal, soo "[email protected] add me" wont be italic and there will be _ at the end.

It would never work if something were wrong with plugin name :) It works but have problem with rare cases.

Looks like a rendering issue, most likely needs updated to render out more than a few words. I can also see somewhat of an issue with the ```code``` not rendering right when using double ``````code`````` I'd suggest submitting an issue to the GitHub repository, but @19eighties has this disabled. xD
    Might be worth looking into downloading ParsedownExtra from the Parsedown website and replacing the Paresedown.php with the new one to see if this fixes the issue(s). :)

or Sign Up to reply!