esoTalk modified: introducing EZRA HUB

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

Like the modifications.
    The 'conversationHeader' div contents in the 'New thread' page could look better in my opinion.

3. thats build with laravel?...

4. Toby

26 May 2013 Administrator

Nope, it isn't. I find it quite amusing how it falsely references Laravel yet they have removed all references to esoTalk (even in the source code!)

5. Toby

26 May 2013 Administrator

ezrahub Also worth noting, the site performs a lot better than the default esoTalk as well (frontend and backend)

And are claiming that it performs a lot better than esoTalk, yet have failed to share how/why.

6. @ezrahub Significant modification of esoTalk, both stylistically and in the backend. New features as well. Check out...

If you are not contributing, why showing off?

7. @ezrahub Also worth noting, the site performs a lot better than the default esoTalk as well (front-end and back-end)

GIVE CREDITS BACK TO ESOTALK, NOT FAIR, IF YOU WERE THE(OR ONE OF THE) ESOTALK DEVELOPER(S) HOW WILL YOU FEEL, IF I SHOW OFF WITH A BETTER MODIFICATION WITH YOUR COPYRIGHT BACK LINK REMOVED?, at least share your FORK , THAT WILL BE APPRECIATED.

8. Unfortunately, it's a side effect of the beast... the better a product you create, the more desirable it is for others to try and steal it. If anything, this should prove that Toby has a great product. You can't stop all the other leeches from stealing your work; however, you can be assured that for people out there like them... there are others also who genuinely appreciate your work and product. These people are the ones who donate and support your cause, and make other loyal and honest decisions throughout their lives. They are the ones who make this rock we live on a not-so-bad place. You're one of the good guys... don't let these people change that. Keep truckin'!

9. I like how they have taken out sorting and other functions on the left, it is more logical than the top, thought about it for a long time ))

10. Toby

13 Jun 2013 Administrator

With this latest update, it seems that Ezra Hub is no longer based on esoTalk at all - looking at the source code, it seems like completely different forum software. Kudos to these guys, because it is actually quite impressive. It's a shame it doesn't seem to be open-source!

11. Shame, looks pretty awesome. Too bad it's not built on esoTalk.

12. Being honest... I don't like that ezrahub forum at all.... Its all so messed up.... poor color management... poor arrangement.

The original esotalk forum is clean and thats why i love it.... Even if it has fewer features i will stick on it..... I have left SMF for esotalk.... http://forum.ilovetz.com

13. @Donn Being honest... I don't like that ezrahub forum at all.... Its all so messed up.... poor color management... poor arrangement.

The original esotalk forum is clean and thats why i love it.... Even if it has fewer features i will stick on it..... I have left SMF for esotalk.... http://forum.ilovetz.com

Um, looks like you're still running SMF.

14. @lucasbytegenius Um, looks like you're still running SMF.

nope... the forum is unused now for almost 7 months. and i have completely disabled.

15. Any chance of merging laravel code into ezrahub ? Making it a single package ?

16. @laalkitaab Any chance of merging laravel code into ezrahub ? Making it a single package ?

It is already very very close to a single package. The only files that are missing are /application/config/database.php and /application/config/application.php. These are left out because they have database and app key information. I think I'll update the package later with a blanked out app key and database password so things are easier.

You can copy Ezra Hub into a directory and then add those two files if you want, instead of doing the reverse.

17. Will there be a mobile skin of erzahub for iPhone/Androids?

18. @WikiWikiWang Will there be a mobile skin of erzahub for iPhone/Androids?

Yes, for certain. That's further down the pipeline, after we get the desktop version totally finalized. Don't want to start on the mobile UI before we are happy with the Desktop UI.

19. Added additional functionality to beat spam today.

20. I still like the default esotalk theme.

21. @rysliv I still like the default esotalk theme.

Ezra Hub isn't a theme! It's entirely different.

or Sign Up to reply!