For those who were asking about Ezra Hub... (open source now)

1. 6 years ago

Many of you were interested in Ezra Hub when it was an extension of Esotalk and wondered if source code would be released. Ezra Hub is now open source, however no-longer an extension of Esotalk and built from scratch instead. If you are interested in the source code, it can be found on GitHub here: https://github.com/wnajar/ezrahub

Cheers.

2. Toby

28 Jul 2013 Administrator

Fantastic! Will definitely check this out.

3. @Toby Fantastic! Will definitely check this out.

Enjoy.

4. Toby

Any plans to release the MySQL database structure?

5. Toby

I've just been looking through the source and using ezrahub.com (you seem to be making more and more improvements at a very rapid pace!)

Honestly, I am very, very impressed. I really like how simple, clean, and fast this is. It's a pleasure to use. The full-width layout is awesome, and putting controls in the sidebar is a great idea.

Kudos!

6. @Toby Any plans to release the MySQL database structure?

Yes, there is now an .sql file that you can import to set up the MySQL database structure. In the root of the repository. More updates to come!

7. Having issues with the laravel here.

I can't seem to find how to get the artisan working?
    I'm using a Linux Debian server, could you please offer any help, since when I try to get the artisan running, i get this:

PHP Warning:  require(/var/www/laravel/bootstrap/../vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/laravel/bootstrap/autoload.php on line 17

PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/var/www/laravel/bootstrap/../vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/laravel/bootstrap/autoload.php on line 17

Perhaps I am doing something silly, most likely.
    Kind regards,
    @katos

8. Ignore the above, I fixed that (stupid mistake...)

However, now when I try to execute the SQL it says this:

table 'forum.members' doesnt exist

any ideas? :S

Thanks in advance!
    @katos

9. @katos Ignore the above, I fixed that (stupid mistake...)

However, now when I try to execute the SQL it says this:

table 'forum.members' doesnt exist

any ideas? :S

Thanks in advance!
    @katos

Sure, I saw your posts on Ezra Hub but I'll reply here as well. A couple things to make sure of...

1). Make sure to install Laravel version THREE not the newest version, which is version four. Laravel unfortunately changed versions in the middle of our development and the newer version is not backwards-compatible so that's just the way it is. You can install Laravel 3 here: https://github.com/laravel/laravel/tree/3.0 on the 3.0 branch on their GitHub. I think the latest version is 3.2.14 or something like that, but just clone the 3.0 branch.

2). Use the new SQL that is in the Ezra Hub repository. I've updated it and there was a bug.

3). Follow the newest instructions in the Ezra Hub readme, they have been updated.

10. I'm going to try installing it on my laptop as well, just to make sure it works. We are still actively developing it so we can get a solid release, so I never really thought anyone would install a production version.

We add new features and functionality on a daily basis at this point.

11. just to confirm then - Laravel must be installed to the same directory, or...?

(again, running Debian OS - Linux)

12. Hopefully this motivates toby to implement some of the feature on ezrahub. Sidebar, reputation...

13. Oh, kewl! That's a neat one. Will try it out.

Cheers!

14. Toby do have any plans to take esoTalk to this level while still being able to use it on shared hosting unlike ezrahub.

15. @laalkitaab Toby do have any plans to take esoTalk to this level while still being able to use it on shared hosting unlike ezrahub.

Ezra Hub works just fine on shared hosting. You just have to set it up.

16. But @wnajar there is no step by step "How to install or setup ezrahub" available. Everyone is not a developer and technical non developer or no technical people can also like the same and they may also want to use that but no proper documentation is there for such people.
    If you wrote the whole code and did a lot of work for developers then there is nothing bd in writing atleast a HOW TO SETUP page for non developer guys.
    Hope I conveyed.....

17. @laalkitaab But @wnajar there is no step by step "How to install or setup ezrahub" available. Everyone is not a developer and technical non developer or no technical people can also like the same and they may also want to use that but no proper documentation is there for such people.
    If you wrote the whole code and did a lot of work for developers then there is nothing bd in writing atleast a HOW TO SETUP page for non developer guys.
    Hope I conveyed.....

There is a step-by step how to, it's on the github page: https://github.com/wnajar/ezrahub

Copy-pasted here for you:

How to Install

Ezra Hub is quick and simple to install for a technically-oriented administrator. If you are not familiar with server functions, Apache2 and at least willing to edit a few lines of code, you will likely have trouble. Most of the difficulty comes in installing and configuring the Laravel framework and not in setting up Ezra Hub. If you become stuck at any point during installation of Laravel, the Laravel 3 documentation and the Laravel 3 forums are both helpful resources.

Can I run Ezra Hub on shared hosting?

Yes, you can run Ezra Hub on shared hosting (GoDaddy, etc.). You may have to jump through extra hurdles to overcome the shortcomings of your hosting environment. One common issue is the inability to edit the DocumentRoot. If you do not have the ability to do so, there is a helpful resource here.

Installation/Configuration Directions

Create a new table on your MySQL server and import the ezrahub.sql SQL dump (located in the root of this repo) into a MySQL database of your choosing.
    Clone the Laravel 3 branch from the Laravel repository on GitHub onto your server and carefully follow the documentation found at http://three.laravel.com/docs to install/configure Laravel with the table you created in Step 1. Follow the optional documentation to configure your installation to use mod_rewrite and don't forget to make the appropriate changes in application/config/application.php.
    Verify that your Laravel installation is working by navigating to your install in a web browser.
    Clone this repository to a separate folder and then copy all of the files over your Laravel 3 install directory 1:1, overwriting the files already there.
    Navigate to your Ezra Hub install in a web browserand sign up as a new user. The first user you create will become the admin user.

18. Hi I have a problem on dedicated server with IIS 7.5

Tried with/without url rewrite no success.

Unhandled Exception
    Call to undefined method Thread::order_by()

***\home.php on line 6

19. @Tunai you tryng Ezrahub at shared hosting ? or VPS

20. Dedicated server

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!