esoTalk 1.0.0g3 Released

1. 6 years ago

Toby

4 Oct 2013 Administrator
    Edited 6 years ago by Toby

This release contains a huge number of enhancements and bug-fixes since g2. Additionally, say hello to a new logo, homepage, and documentation!

Homepage
    Documentation (more coming soon)
    API Reference

Download

Get your hands on 1.0.0g3 at esotalk.org/download . Upgrade instructions are included in the readme.

What's New?

Heads up: you've probably been using a lot of these enhancements for a while because I've been regularly pushing to the master branch. But maybe if you read through you'll find something you didn't know!

Enhancements

• New default skin. Simpler, and includes a floating header for easy navigation. Lots of fixes with the mobile skin.
    • New plugins included in the core. Answers, Attachments, Channel Notifications, Gravatar, Member Notifications, Profiles, Views, Word Filter.
    • Channel list redesigned.
    • Sticky enhancements. Sticky conversations now always stick to the top for guests, and the first line of text from the first post displays beneath them.
    • Ease restrictions on usernames. Allow the use of unicode characters in usernames, and reserve less names.
    • Better transliteration of accented characters in slugs.
    • Better AJAX debugging. The responseText is now shown in a message if an AJAX request fails and the Debug plugin is enabled.
    • Improved translation. Heaps of strings made translatable.
    • Mark as unread feature.
    • Email notifications are HTML and include post content.
    • Better control over how long users are allowed to edit their own posts.
    • More powerful #limit gambit, allowing "view more" to be clicked multiple times
    • Quote collapsing.
    • Added a sub-channel breadcrumb next to conversation title.
    • Added a login form to the "conversation not found" page.
    • Added an SSL config setting.
    • Add hashtag to start of all gambits so that gambit-words can be full-text searched for.
    • Add user preference to receive email notifications when mentioned in a post.
    • Automatically prompt the user to pick a channel when starting a conversation.
    • User preference to hide themselves from the online list.
    • User preference to "Automatically follow private conversations that I'm added to".
    • Allow conversation starter to change channel and edit title.
    • Make clicking conversation title jump to unread by default.

Bug-fixes

• Fix replies not appearing immediately on conversations with multiple pages
    • Fix slow query in ETSession::isFlooding method
    • Fix XSS vulnerability in <title> tag for conversation titles
    • Show year in post dates if they are more than 6 months ago
    • AJAX for channel reordering GET method changed to POST
    • Improved handling of friendly, but non-rewrite, URLs
    • Validate channel slugs properly
    • Make online list respect member list privacy setting
    • Decrease channel + member conversation count upon conversation deletion
    • Fix "new activity" message in search results appearing more than once
    • "Automatically follow conversations that I reply to" now works when starting a conversation
    • Fixed bugs with "back to search" link
    • Fix member activity page clipping bugs
    • Tabbing out of the conversation title field should save it, not revert it
    • Fix fulltext search results "show matching posts" links disappearing after 30 seconds
    • Fix quotes with links at the end messing up
    • Removed AJAX loading of login and sign up forms to facilitate browser autofill
    • Align channels properly when they wrap onto two lines
    • Hiding/showing a parent channel now hides/shows all sub-channels
    • Many more!

Thanks

Thanks to Xojo, Inc. for sponsoring a lot of these enhancements and bug-fixes.

2. Oh, wonderful! Nice to know that we now have Documentations and API for esoTalk. Will take 'g3' for a ride in a bit.

Good job, @Toby.

Cheers!

3. Edited 6 years ago by mel

Toby,

Thank you!

Do you accept donations in BTC? I would love to donate for your continued efforts. :)

Let me know. Thanks again!

Best,
    Melik

4. awesome, 2 fixes for me!
    upgrading now

5. ?p=upgrade not working for me. throws a page not found error

6. Edited 6 years ago by Hakaku

Clicking on "Community" from the home page gives a "Page Not Found" error.

Edit: The /?p=upgrade didn't work for me either, but I managed to solve it by manually changing the esotalk version in /config/config.php

Other things I noted:

• the quote/edit/delete buttons are all off place in Firefox
    • the new 'sticky' feature fails to handle headers in the description
    • it's not possible to type in a value to change the skin header/background colors
    • the channel list is all weirdly formatted in the admin panel (Firefox)
    • I can't enable plugins ???
    • the discard button does nothing
  7. Toby

5 Oct 2013 Administrator
    Edited 6 years ago by Toby

@justn ?p=upgrade not working for me. throws a page not found error

@Hakaku Edit: The /?p=upgrade didn't work for me either, but I managed to solve it by manually changing the esotalk version in /config/config.php

If you get a page not found when you try to upgrade, it probably means there is nothing to upgrade (because you were using a relatively recent version from GitHub.) You should be able to keep using your forum like normal.

@Hakaku, thanks for pointing out those bugs. I've fixed a bunch of them. However, I can't seem to reproduce the last one?

@mel Do you accept donations in BTC? I would love to donate for your continued efforts.

Absolutely, thanks! esoTalk won't let me post a link, but here is my address: 1KLQcHnPwqc2kU3o6LncuinZ9swC75pbD4

8. @Toby @Hakaku, thanks for pointing out those bugs. I've fixed a bunch of them. However, I can't seem to reproduce the last one?

Thank you! And assuming you meant the plugin one, I have no clue why. When I click "enable" on a plugin, it refreshes the page and does absolutely nothing. The only two plugins that remain active are the BBCode and 'Report a Bug' plugins - but I can't disable these either.

(If you actually meant the discard button one, then it just remains grey all the time, even on here.)

9. Toby

5 Oct 2013 Administrator

@Hakaku (If you actually meant the discard button one, then it just remains grey all the time, even on here.)

Fixed.

@Hakaku Thank you! And assuming you meant the plugin one, I have no clue why. When I click "enable" on a plugin, it refreshes the page and does absolutely nothing. The only two plugins that remain active are the BBCode and 'Report a Bug' plugins - but I can't disable these either.

Double-check that your webserver is able to write to config/config.php?

10. @Toby Double-check that your webserver is able to write to config/config.php?

Ahhh, I feel so stupid -_- Thank you!

11. Thanks @Toby Pin Post is really a great feature. Can you add WYSWYG editor in esotalk ?

12. @Toby If you get a page not found when you try to upgrade, it probably means there is nothing to upgrade (because you were using a relatively recent version from GitHub.) You should be able to keep using your forum like normal.

@Hakaku, thanks for pointing out those bugs. I've fixed a bunch of them. However, I can't seem to reproduce the last one?

Absolutely, thanks! esoTalk won't let me post a link, but here is my address: 1KLQcHnPwqc2kU3o6LncuinZ9swC75pbD4

Merci, sent :)

13. cool

14. Edited 6 years ago by Seer

@Toby,
    Thanks for your kindness!
    Can you give more details about Bug-fixes´╝č
    I can’t upgrade.

15. Edited 6 years ago by Seer

How can you fix the XSS bug in <titel> tag?

16. Toby

6 Oct 2013 Administrator

Take a look at the commit list if you want to patch your esoTalk installation. The relevant commits for the XSS fix are 2fdb392 , db0124d , and f8cad42 .

17. The All Channels tab seems to be a bit improper: http://i.imgur.com/3HEI8BH.png | http://i.imgur.com/fiexuci.png

Awesome work btw :)

18. Nice job! Thx!

19. Beautiful work @Toby I loved this modern sleek design! You are just Awesome ! We want WSIWYG editor :D

20. Deleted 6 years ago by Toby
  21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!