This release contains a huge number of enhancements and bug-fixes since g2. Additionally, say hello to a new logo, homepage, and documentation!
Get your hands on 1.0.0g3 at esotalk.org/download . Upgrade instructions are included in the readme.
Heads up: you've probably been using a lot of these enhancements for a while because I've been regularly pushing to the master branch. But maybe if you read through you'll find something you didn't know!
- New default skin. Simpler, and includes a floating header for easy navigation. Lots of fixes with the mobile skin.
- New plugins included in the core. Answers, Attachments, Channel Notifications, Gravatar, Member Notifications, Profiles, Views, Word Filter.
- Channel list redesigned.
- Sticky enhancements. Sticky conversations now always stick to the top for guests, and the first line of text from the first post displays beneath them.
- Ease restrictions on usernames. Allow the use of unicode characters in usernames, and reserve less names.
- Better transliteration of accented characters in slugs.
- Better AJAX debugging. The responseText is now shown in a message if an AJAX request fails and the Debug plugin is enabled.
- Improved translation. Heaps of strings made translatable.
- Mark as unread feature.
- Email notifications are HTML and include post content.
- Better control over how long users are allowed to edit their own posts.
- More powerful #limit gambit, allowing "view more" to be clicked multiple times
- Quote collapsing.
- Added a sub-channel breadcrumb next to conversation title.
- Added a login form to the "conversation not found" page.
- Added an SSL config setting.
- Add hashtag to start of all gambits so that gambit-words can be full-text searched for.
- Add user preference to receive email notifications when mentioned in a post.
- Automatically prompt the user to pick a channel when starting a conversation.
- User preference to hide themselves from the online list.
- User preference to "Automatically follow private conversations that I'm added to".
- Allow conversation starter to change channel and edit title.
- Make clicking conversation title jump to unread by default.
- Fix replies not appearing immediately on conversations with multiple pages
- Fix slow query in ETSession::isFlooding method
- Fix XSS vulnerability in <title> tag for conversation titles
- Show year in post dates if they are more than 6 months ago
- AJAX for channel reordering GET method changed to POST
- Improved handling of friendly, but non-rewrite, URLs
- Validate channel slugs properly
- Make online list respect member list privacy setting
- Decrease channel + member conversation count upon conversation deletion
- Fix "new activity" message in search results appearing more than once
- "Automatically follow conversations that I reply to" now works when starting a conversation
- Fixed bugs with "back to search" link
- Fix member activity page clipping bugs
- Tabbing out of the conversation title field should save it, not revert it
- Fix fulltext search results "show matching posts" links disappearing after 30 seconds
- Fix quotes with links at the end messing up
- Removed AJAX loading of login and sign up forms to facilitate browser autofill
- Align channels properly when they wrap onto two lines
- Hiding/showing a parent channel now hides/shows all sub-channels
- Many more!
Thanks to Xojo, Inc. for sponsoring a lot of these enhancements and bug-fixes.