esoTalk 1.0.0g3 Released

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

@Meow I do know this, but this forum software grows too slowly. If he wants to make esoTalk usable, he should do something else.

What would you suggest he do. I agree that development is slow, but patience is a virtue, so I wait.

3. @Niuwang What would you suggest he do. I agree that development is slow, but patience is a virtue, so I wait.

We’ve waited for over four years. As it grows that slowly, how will it be popular? He should seek more people to develop together.

There has been already a new forum software which follows the similar purpose like esoTalk. Now it is much active and popular, but its installation is very inconvenient. What the advantage esoTalk keeps is easy installation.

4. @Meow There has been already a new forum software which follows the similar purpose like esoTalk. Now it is much active and popular, but its installation is very inconvenient. What the advantage esoTalk keeps is easy installation.

You mean Discourse Forum ? Or any other ?

5. This is really done only by one dude? Madrespects, but team is needed if want to see a progress.. yep..

6. @laalkitaab You mean Discourse Forum ? Or any other ?

That is. It is too difficult to install, although the team is very progressive.

7. This version seems to be very beutiful!
    I think I'll give it a try for my next website soon... :D

8. Sorry, but to change thism: Go to top, Report a bug ,online?
    Thanks

9. Edited 6 years ago by Spry

@Pedro Sorry, but to change thism: Go to top, Report a bug ,online?
    Thanks

If I understand you correctly, you want to change those footer links to something of your choice. If so, that is possible.

core/views/default.master.php

Line 66 onwards.

Edit: Typo (thanks bitikas)

10. core/views/default.master.php to be exact :)

11. @bitikas core/views/default.master.php to be exact :)

Yes. Danke!

12. 5 years ago

Keep up the amazing work! I just found out about this software and I'm honestly in love with it.

13. https://github.com/esotalk/esoTalk/issues/145

Toby, did you can fix it?
    Greetings ;)

14. When are you going to start developping the 1.0.0g4 version of your software?
    I really do not understand why you didn't create any free or premium theme, or any free or premium plugin, or any free or premium tool for the free forums software yet.

This is one of the coolest free web projects I've ever seen but need to be up-to-dated every 3 months at least, more language packs added and a lot of free and premium staff to download/buy for your own forums website. Lots of new people will use esoTalk for their own forums websites.

15. Edited 5 years ago by Garfield

@MeloBart95 I believe esoTalk is doing pretty fine as it is right now. It provides a powerful framework to work with, it's clutter-free (the most important thing and the one I love the most), it's fast, it works. There are some issues, but they're fixable, nothing you can't do yourself if you managed to install it yourself.

Besides, Toby is a student, and, I believe, is working on another thing called Flarum

If you're interested in helping, or just grateful for what is already done, donate

But these are just my two cents.

EDIT:
    Something I found.

Version 2 of esoTalk will be completely redesigned, rebranded, rewritten from scratch using the Laravel Framework. The only thing it will retain is esoTalk's core philosophy: to be fast, simple, and powerful. Development will begin in late 2013.

16. Awesome Toby.. Just awesome!

17. Hi, just stumbled upon this, while researching more modern forum software. It's a really neat piece of work, and given it seems by one person, quite an achievement.

I ran into discourse, vanilla, nodebb, phosporum as some of the projects trying to do something different with forums and esotalk joins this group with a extremely elegant and speedy offering.

From a cursory read so far it seems development is uncertain and lacking support from a wider group of developers. Given how elegant, simple and fast this appears to be, the developer clearly has a feel for design and performance and it would be sad to see any of this go to waste.

18. Best forum in the world. Its so easy to use ;). I have never had any problems at all bro. <3 it sooo much. :)

19. @raul Hi, just stumbled upon this, while researching more modern forum software. It's a really neat piece of work, and given it seems by one person, quite an achievement.

I ran into discourse, vanilla, nodebb, phosporum as some of the projects trying to do something different with forums and esotalk joins this group with a extremely elegant and speedy offering.

From a cursory read so far it seems development is uncertain and lacking support from a wider group of developers. Given how elegant, simple and fast this appears to be, the developer clearly has a feel for design and performance and it would be sad to see any of this go to waste.

+1 Couldn't agree more!

20. +1 with me! Yeah, I have start my own little forum at http://llliving.net (right now have 160+ member) and they all love the simplicity. Too bad the development a lil'bit slow rather than any forum software out there.

21. Esotalk is really great even though in slow development.
    @mondododo that's great you have 160+ members, my site socmath.com still only have 10- members hahahaha

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!