esoTalk 1.0.0g3 Released

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

Very nice. This forum engine seems very "fresh" and new in comparaison with others.
    If there's one thing missing is a tool to migrate from other forums platforms.
    This actuallty stop me from using esoTalk.

3. Amazing work Toby!!! ;). Any chance of a report button :). Thanks dude.

4. Henry

8 Oct 2013 Moderator

Loving this new skin. :D

Great to see some updates coming along. Nice work, Toby!

5. @awsome09 Amazing work Toby!!! ;). Any chance of a report button :). Thanks dude.

Yes, I was going to suggest a report button as well, although I imagine this request should go in Plugin Requests.

I also want to express how amazing this forum is and I wish Toby much success.

6. @Toby please check this: https://github.com/esotalk/esoTalk/issues/127
    This is a serious bug, a show-stopper (although it seems easy to fix). IMHO it should be fixed urgently, because it gives new users a bad first impression.

7. Toby

10 Oct 2013 Administrator

Thanks for reporting this! Fixed.

8. Still in love with esotalk, thanks @toby.

9. Great software! Thank you.

10. Fantastic news! I've been following the evolution of esotalk and this seems like a maturing step in the best direction.

11. Greate new

12. Awesome fresh forum software when compared to others in the market. Keep up the good work!

13. @yugandhar Awesome fresh forum software when compared to others in the market. Keep up the good work!

Seconded! I wonder why this is so hidden.. ? ; )

14. @milch Seconded! I wonder why this is so hidden.. ? ; )

The problem is not esoTalk itself; people only worry about the progress of development.

15. @Meow The problem is not esoTalk itself; people only worry about the progress of development.

Can you clarify the second part a little bit more? : )

16. @milch Can you clarify the second part a little bit more? : )

The development of esoTalk has been stopped for several times. If developers cannot promise to continue developing, nobody will dare to use.

17. @Meow You are right but we must consider the point that Toby is just a school student and its indeed a great effort from him

18. @laalkitaab @Meow You are right but we must consider the point that Toby is just a school student and its indeed a great effort from him

I do know this, but this forum software grows too slowly. If he wants to make esoTalk usable, he should do something else.

19. @Meow I do know this, but this forum software grows too slowly. If he wants to make esoTalk usable, he should do something else.

What would you suggest he do. I agree that development is slow, but patience is a virtue, so I wait.

20. @Niuwang What would you suggest he do. I agree that development is slow, but patience is a virtue, so I wait.

We’ve waited for over four years. As it grows that slowly, how will it be popular? He should seek more people to develop together.

There has been already a new forum software which follows the similar purpose like esoTalk. Now it is much active and popular, but its installation is very inconvenient. What the advantage esoTalk keeps is easy installation.

21. @Meow There has been already a new forum software which follows the similar purpose like esoTalk. Now it is much active and popular, but its installation is very inconvenient. What the advantage esoTalk keeps is easy installation.

You mean Discourse Forum ? Or any other ?

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!