reCAPTCHA

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 4 years ago by Tristan

Here is another one :)

- Protect your forum from spam and abuse while letting real people pass through with ease.

Release Note

esoTalk version 1.0.0g4 and beyond is required!

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 10.53.51.png

reCAPTCHA in action:
    Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 10.53.58.png

reCAPTCHA Settings:
    Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 10.59.13.png

Download

Clone the plugin from GitHub

Translations

You can find the translation definitions here

Issues & Improvements

If you experience any issues with this plugin or having an idea on how to improve it, please submit an issue on GitHub Thanks! :)

2. Good job!
    Impressive the contribute that you ar giving to the esoTalk project.
    :)

3. @candyman Impressive the contribute that you ar giving to the esoTalk project.

All credits should go to @Toby for having done an excellent job on documentation and easy understanding of the core code!

4. @Tristan reCAPTCHA plugin!

@misaqe captcha for the login too

@Tristan, isn't it only for sign up form? As an option to your plugin can add it for sign in as well ^_^

5. @RIscRIpt @Tristan, isn't it only for sign up form? As an option to your plugin can add it for sign in as well ^_^

I don't think a reCAPTCHA form for your login page would do any good.

6. Toby

30 Apr 2014 Administrator

Very cool!

@Tristan, I've moved #215 to the 1.0.0g4 milestone so you'll need to update this plugin when that's implemented.

@Tristan I don't think a reCAPTCHA form for your login page would do any good.

I think @RIscRIpt is referring to brute-force attack prevention. It could be a good option to have captcha on the login form, but there are certainly better ways of prevention that should really be implemented in the core at some stage. #236

7. Yeah, no problem.

8. Henry

1 May 2014 Moderator
    Edited 5 years ago by Henry

Looks great! Nice work, @Tristan. ;)

@Toby, lockout from failed attempts is definitely the better method. There are numerous bots, more sophisticated of course, that can read captcha's and will provide little slowing down on the number of attempts and queries having to be processed. Lockout simply prevents all that. Additionally, having to enter a captcha upon every login is simply tedious and annoying to the user.

9. When I install your plugin, this message show in browser

Fatal error: Call to undefined method ETPlugin_reCAPTCHA::view() in /var/www/rao/addons/plugins/reCAPTCHA/plugin.php on line 161
  10. @vukidrock When I install your plugin, this message show in browser
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method ETPlugin_reCAPTCHA::view() in /var/www/rao/addons/plugins/reCAPTCHA/plugin.php on line 161

Due to some core code changes Toby has made, this plugin will only work with esoTalk version 1.0.0g4 and beyond.

11. - Updated the plugin to be fully compatible with 1.0.0g4

12. Edited 5 years ago by awsome09

The reCAPTCHA image is showing fine. But for some reason the messages are not showing. The message showing instead is message.reCAPTCHARefreshInfo. Instead of the click the image to refresh etc. And the other messages like that instead of the message what should be showing.

And in the Admin panel where i enter my keys. Under the boxes instead of the normal message it shows message.reCAPTCHA.settings.

13. Toby

23 May 2014 Administrator

@Tristan, default English language definitions should be defined in your plugin's init method using ET::define (docs ). See Attachments for an example.

14. Right, got it. I will hopefully have some time this weekend to push out an update.

15. Awesome! Thanks @Tristan :)

16. Pushed out v1.1.2 which fixes missing default language definitions in init().

17. Thanks again @Tristan man. It works perfect. :)

18. Does not help. Bots anyway registered and spam =(
    Solved the problem of an additional field at registration.

19. Edited 5 years ago by Tristan

Jep, use StopForumSpam

20. @AfterLife
    I have not had any problems with spam yet. Its working great for me!.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!