reCAPTCHA

1. ‹ Older
  2. 3 years ago

[deleted]

9 Jul 2015

hi again

i take "The CAPTCHA is invalid. Please try again." even when I select the correct answer :c

test here http://www.kamehouse.net/user/join

3. @DehBuff hi again

i take "The CAPTCHA is invalid. Please try again." even when I select the correct answer :c

test here http://www.kamehouse.net/user/join

Works just fine for me. o.o

4. [deleted]

10 Jul 2015

after putting the correct answers appear green check, but then, when I click on " Sign Up" the following message is displayed: The CAPTCHA is invalid. Please try again.

5. @DehBuff after putting the correct answers appear green check, but then, when I click on " Sign Up" the following message is displayed: The CAPTCHA is invalid. Please try again.

Make sure that you entered the right keys.

6. [deleted]

11 Jul 2015

solved, allow_url_fopen was off

7. [deleted]

29 Jul 2015

@Tristan I just tried to clone the git on my server and I get this error:

$ git clone [email protected]:tvb/reCAPTCHA.git reCAPTCHA
    Cloning into 'reCAPTCHA'...
    Warning: Permanently added the RSA host key for IP address '192.30.252.128' to the list of known hosts.
    Permission denied (publickey).
    fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

Why is this happening? Is there some other way to grab the plugin files?

Thanks!

8. @AwfulCitizen @Tristan I just tried to clone the git on my server and I get this error:

$ git clone [email protected]:tvb/reCAPTCHA.git reCAPTCHA
    Cloning into 'reCAPTCHA'...
    Warning: Permanently added the RSA host key for IP address '192.30.252.128' to the list of known hosts.
    Permission denied (publickey).
    fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

Why is this happening? Is there some other way to grab the plugin files?

Thanks!

Try the https link instead:

https://github.com/tvb/reCAPTCHA

9. [deleted]

29 Jul 2015

@Tristan the problem is not accessing the github page for reCaptcha
    the problem is when I Clone the git into my server for some reason my server is not allowing the clone, so I wanted to know if there was some other way to get the plugin installed rather than cloning the git.

Thanks!

10. @AwfulCitizen @Tristan the problem is not accessing the github page for reCaptcha
    the problem is when I Clone the git into my server for some reason my server is not allowing the clone, so I wanted to know if there was some other way to get the plugin installed rather than cloning the git.

Thanks!

Have you tried manually uploading the plugin?

11. @AwfulCitizen @Tristan the problem is not accessing the github page for reCaptcha

Thanks!

I know, try to clone with the https link instead.

12. [deleted]

29 Jul 2015

@Tristan I was able to clone it by cloning it to my Mac. I got it installed... and configured it.

I tested it by making a new account but It said there was a problem with recaptcha when I registered and took me to an error page. When I tried to re-register it said someone was already registered with my details. But when I try and log in, it says I need to confirm my email, which I haven't received yet. Giving it a few minutes more to arrive.

13. [deleted]

5 Aug 2015

i need help,
    how to change Google Recaptcha old Versions..
    thanks before.

14. I'm experiencing the issue mentioned previously where i get the green check mark and still get an error saying the captcha is invalid. I already have the allow_url_fopen on. Does anyone have any ideas?

15. -image-

Getting the same error as everyone else. Right now my forum is getting BLASTED with spam. I know all dev talent is going toward Flarum and I can't wait to migrate but there needs to be a solid way to prevent spamming bots in the interim. :/

16. [deleted]

25 Oct 2015

@MeTHoDx [...] a solid way to prevent spamming bots in the interim. :/

I just solved moderating the registrations. Then from the infinite list of new spam users registrations you have in admincp, I just look over it in order to see if there are new real users registered. If there are some, I just approve them, and leave all the spammers there, even without clicking on Deny.

17. Is the error with this still there or has it been fixed? Trying to bulk up all points where spam could enter in.

18. I can try taking a look at this soon

19. @Thirtysixway I can try taking a look at this soon

Thank you! I'm currently going through 1700 spammers awaiting approval. Been at it for about 5 hours now. Can't wait to switch to Flarum.

20. @Thirtysixway I can try taking a look at this soon

I agree this would be great! Although my community is new (and doesn't have this spambot problem through using a few other plugins and other behind the scenes software) this would be a great frontline protection to use.

21. @MeTHoDx Thank you! I'm currently going through 1700 spammers awaiting approval. Been at it for about 5 hours now. Can't wait to switch to Flarum.

@KnownSyntax I agree this would be great! Although my community is new (and doesn't have this spambot problem through using a few other plugins and other behind the scenes software) this would be a great frontline protection to use.

So I followed the steps on the github page exactly, except used www-data instead of apache user (as that's what is is on Ubuntu) and everything worked as intended.

I would check that your site key and secret key are set correctly. Also make sure that your domain names on reCAPTCHA is set to the correct domain.

If it's still not working, you can send me a private conversation and we can look into your specific setup to see if we can get it working.

or Sign Up to reply!