Signature

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by Tristan

I just realised that the Signature plugin did not had his own conversation, so here goes!

• Let users add their signature to posts
    • Configure the max amount of characters allowed in a signature.
    • Works beautifully together with the Likes plugin. Or standalone if the Likes plugin is disabled.

Show your awesome signature to the world!
    Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 22.55.54.png

Configure your signature from within your profile settings:
    Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 23.02.31.png

Download

Clone the plugin from GitHub

Translations

You can find the translation definitions here.

As always, let me know if have any issues or improvements right here in this thread. Enjoy! :P

2. [deleted]

14 May 2014
    Deleted 4 years ago by Toby
  3. Released v1.1.3 which adds bbcode formatting inside your signature!

4. 4 years ago
    Edited 4 years ago by openguy

The plugin is insecure! Please update @Tristan !

See this conversation : http://esotalk.org/forum/1089-quite-huge-xss-flaw-serious

5. @openguy The plugin is insecure! Please update @Tristan !

See this conversation : http://esotalk.org/forum/1089-quite-huge-xss-flaw-serious

You mean of you create signature with <script>alert()</script> - it works?

6. @inliquid : Yep it works. I had to disable the plugin :(

7. In the user set the signature panel, does not limit the number of words directly

from´╝ÜGoogle translation haha~

8. Feel free to clone and update the plugin to fix any issues you may have with it. I will gladly receive a pull request.

9. Any updates? Testing this on the latest version of esoTalk and the bbcodes do not work. (Browsers tested Comodo Dragon/Google Chrome/Fire Fox/Opera and none work.) But some html does work.

10. PLZ: Can this plugin get fixed and updated to work with the latest's forum update?

11. Deleted 4 years ago by Tech
  12. @Tech PLZ: Can this plugin get fixed and updated to work with the latest's forum update?

What problems are you having?

13. Nothing written beside Signature plugin?

14. @Tech Nothing written beside Signature plugin?

Download this one then unzip in plugins.

15. wow, it works now (Thanks)... nice job what did you actually do just now to update it?

16. @Tech wow, it works now (Thanks)... nice job what did you actually do just now to update it?

Actually what most of the plugins that are out now need is pretty simple that anyone can do it.
    >File Manager>addons>plugins>Signature then you'll see this
    -image-
    After that make sure that your server supports utf-8 then find the line that SHOULD look like this
    -image-
    If the plugin.php line has "get" in front of "resource" then remove "get" then save.

17. Please submit a pull request on GitHub so I can include your fixes for everyone!

18. Edited 4 years ago by Tristan

Bumped to v1.1.5 to fix the styling when no signature is set and to restrict signature output in settings to max characters allowed.

19. Thanks heaps for this plugin, @Tristan ...

I've pulled the latest one from git and it's working well. The instructions on your git actually have 'esoTalk-plugins' in the install guide ...

git clone [email protected]:esoTalk-plugins/Signature.git Signature

Should be:

git clone [email protected]:tvb/Signature.git Signature

Not a big deal, but it may help other git newbies like me.

But the issue I had is that with g4 of a new install of esotalk, I wasn't seeing the BBCode appear in the forum itself with the default install. The result of tags ([img] etc) showed in the Signature settings page in the Edit Profile area ... but it just appeared as text with tags around it at the bottom of each post.

For some reason, when I changed the permissions of plugin.php in the Signature directory to 644, suddenly it worked (it was 755). Now to check it, I put it back to 755 and it still works! What the?!

Maybe some strange cache thing.

Anyway - cheers!

20. Hi @James North, thanks for the feedback. I will update the README.md asap!

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!